Ot Value Of 95 Dodge Ram?

TodFitch

Okay, I should be going to a place like Kelly Blue Book but I trust the combined wisdom of this forum more.

My father recently passed away and Mom does not think she has use for the pickup truck he refused to sell. And with her bad leg she probably couldn't manage the clutch anyway.

Vehicles details according to the log book Dad kept in the truck:

1995 Dodge Ram 1500 WS

Purchased new in April of 1995 from a dealer in Tucson

3.9L V6 engine

AC

PS

5 speed manual transmission

3.21 rear axle

long wheel base

regular cab

Current condition:

Duraliner bed liner (I assume its been there since new but don't know)

10,974 total miles

Log book in glove box with all fuel, repairs, etc. since new. I bet I can find a folder in his home office with all the service records.

Located in south central Arizona, always kept under a carport.

Good tread on tires. Probably some sun damage to the passenger side (west side) tires.

Battery replace about a year ago

Pretty dirty at moment but sighting down the sides I see no bumps or dings.

Being an Arizona vehicle I'd be surprised if there was any rust. Certainly none visible even looking under the bed and wheel wells.

Interior in dusty but otherwise excellent shape.

Might be some rodent damage to wiring or hoses but I did not see anything obvious. I might know more tomorrow when I use it to haul some stuff to the dump transfer station.

Seems like with the exception of the V6 engine rather than a V8 it seems like it might be a desirable work truck.

Any idea about the market value, specifically in Southern Arizona but if it is worth enough more elsewhere to warrant transport that would be good to know. Nephew might want it but we'd want a reasonable market value estimate for that too.

Thanks for letting me abuse this forum. :)

I am sure you have already looked for your area but here are the Tennessee values. Rather disapointing for a 11,000 mile truck. 

That came out scrambled so here is the link.

http://www.edmunds.com/dodge/ram-pickup-1500/1995/tmv-appraise-results.html

Trade-In Private Party Dealer Retail National Base Price $389 $951 $1,887 Optional Equipment $55 $100 $192 Rear Step Bumper $4 $7 $13 AM/FM Audio System $5 $10 $19 Limited Slip Differential $7 $13 $25 Manual Horizontal Sliding Rear Window $4 $7 $13 Tilt Steering Wheel $5 $10 $19 Air Conditioning $23 $41 $79 Cloth Seating $2 $3 $6 Cruise Control $5 $9 $18 Color Adjustment - Dark Brown $-1 $-4 $-7 Regional Adjustment - for Zip Code 37130 $4 $10 $20 Mileage Adjustment - 11,000 miles $834 $834 $834 Condition Adjustment - Outstanding $0 $0 $0 Total $1,281 $1,891 $2,926

The mainstream market is pretty soft for these trucks, even with low mileage.  I'd have the truck thoroughly detailed and list it in Hemmings or see if a collector vehicle dealer would take it on consignment.   Another alternative is to consign it to a big-name collector car auction to see what it brings.  How far are you from Scottsdale? 

The mainstream market is pretty soft for these trucks, even with low mileage.  I'd have the truck thoroughly detailed and list it in Hemmings or see if a collector vehicle dealer would take it on consignment.   Another alternative is to consign it to a big-name collector car auction to see what it brings.  How far are you from Scottsdale? 

Probably 80 to 100 miles from the Phoenix metro area.

Almost sounds like someone in the family should keep it for 7 more years, when it turns 25 years old detail it out and pull in a few show trophies to raise it's market value. :)

Its a small town and everybody knows everybody. I'm beginning to think that if a relative doesn't get it Mom will spread the word around town and sell it to whoever she considers most deserving.

Don was being generous, around here, a V6 longbed with economy gears is a parts donor. Period. Can't give away a fullsize with a V6 unless it is an 85-87 C10 shorty, preferably a stepside, even though wide beds make cleaner lowriders. Stepsides get a V8 conversion and a 4wd conversion if they came 2wd stock.

The market for used Dodge trucks is kind of funky. People want to see a big block. Or a poly 318. Or a 360. If it has an LA or Magnum 318 or a straight 6, be it a flattie or a slant, it is a sheet metal/interior donor. At least if it is newer than roughly 1960.

You literally cannot give away a 72-92 where I live. Even the junkyards say no thanks. 93 up is mildly better, but only if it is 4wd, 2wd trucks have no resale value in west TN. Even 2wd mini trucks are a dime a dozen, my 94 Ranger 2wd cost my brother in law less than $2K in Memphis, where vehicles are priced stupid high.

Scruffy....you folks in Tennessee need to pave your roads :eek: ..granted there is a big following for 4WD in hilly snowy regions but there is zero use for it as a daily driver in my neck of the woods..you guys in Tennessee need to market your cars a bit south..that is if the bodies are not salt eaten..

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

What salt? I'm 20 miles east of the Mississippi River, our place is the highest point in Shelby County, a whopping 420 feet above sea level. 1/64" of snow and the county shuts down... :rolleyes:

I'd rather the roads go back to being gravel, might take some of the morons off the road. In front of my house is a 30mph zone, the average speed is 50+, lots of cars have gotten wrapped around the white oak in the neighbor's yard... or hit cows, horses, etc.

4wd are the new BMW for the snobby set. I'll never comprehend putting a bloated station wagon/van cross on a 1 ton work truck chassis and calling it a "luxury" vehicle... Kind of like doctors and lawyers riding Harley Davidson motorcycles and pretending they enjoy the experience... leave the rough around the edges vehicles for us "ring around the collar" types. :angry:

Scruffy....you folks in Tennessee need to pave your roads :eek: ..granted there is a big following for 4WD in hilly snowy regions but there is zero use for it as a daily driver in my neck of the woods..you guys in Tennessee need to market your cars a bit south..that is if the bodies are not salt eaten. 

Tim,

Evidently you have never been to Cochran--Greensboro or Bremen Georgia.You might want to check the 4X4 market in them areas.along with anywhere in southwest Georgia. :o

If you made a trip to Tipton County,Tennessee you would understand what Scruff is talking about.

I live in the Wayne County the 2nd largest county in the state of Tennessee and the total population is less than 10,000 people.We still have many low water bridges and probably half of our roads are still dirt.If you live here you need a truck with a 4x4.I am just sorry we are not as progressive as the great state of Georgia. :lol:

Bojo Stults

like I said...accept it and live with it and buy according and or move..its the not accepting one without the other ...evidently he is not satisfied else why the complaining is my take on the subject..

one small unimproved county in a state does not make it a statistical market for analysis...I am 25 miles from Cochran...nothing over there screams I need 4 wheeler except mentality..

Go Tim! I've been driving a 2x4 dodge dakota through 13 Minnesota winters. I've gotten stuck once or twice on some of the nastiest days but in all that time I only missed 1 day of work to not being able to drive in.  

wow..for an area that you show such disdain,  why are you still living there..? 

Disdain? I love being back here, no more throwing triple railer tractor trailer tire chains at -11 degrees in a couple feet of snow. Just wish the city dwellers would stop moving out here with zero regard for our very narrow, twisty, rough country lanes that generally have cows or tractors on them.

I pulled a set of tire chains out of my Pilot House when we got back here, and my father in law said they'd been illegal here since the 1950s. Works for me!

It almost never gets cold/snowy enough to need a 4x here. The roads that go underwater with any regularity get closed and barricaded by the sherrif or the highway patrol. Run the barricade at your own risk, neither department will send someone after you into the floodwaters. They'll recover the body afterwords if the transient/seasonal alligator population has left anything recognizable...

Hmm, go back to WA where I had to choose my hunting method and was allowed one scrawny deer, or hunt all 3 seasons, no tags/license required if I'm on my farm land, and the bag limit is 3 a day... And my 49 state not street legal motorcycle IS legal here... Fishing is better here too, no salmon or Dungeness crabs getting in the way of something edible taking my bait...

Moved back here because my brother in law died in 2011 and my wife decided that their then 85 year old father needed us to come home. SHE is actually the one who hates it here.

did not know you were shadow writing for the wife.....just know that if I were that unhappy I would be making some changes in my life....at the ages we are now life is too short just to be miserable..  I also do not care for some of the city folks moving this way...often it is with their lawn nazi ideas in their back pockets...I live in a rural area..farm tractors that are actually both lanes wide with the implements folded up left and right..you got to laugh at times..they pull out in front of you at on a 55MPH highway go 50 feet and turn left..wife has asked me why....I tell her that they still think they are in their field they have no concept of speed at this point..much less think another tractor is in the field with them..

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

Go Tim! I've been driving a 2x4 dodge dakota through 13 Minnesota winters. I've gotten stuck once or twice on some of the nastiest days but in all that time I only missed 1 day of work to not being able to drive in.  

I salute you Ed and I am amazed at what your guys live through in the winter!! :eek:

And Tim sounds like urban sprawl has made it's way down into Cochran I haven't been there in a while.

But sometimes when I come home at night I can drive the whole 40 miles home and never meet a single car.So if I get stuck or tear up I am pretty much on my own.I don't own a cell phone because on my route home it would not get any reception anyway.

Anyway TodFitch--check your PM's I am interested in the 1995 dodge truck if you are wanting to sell it.

Bobby Joe Stults

Anyway TodFitch--check your PM's I am interested in the 1995 dodge truck if you are wanting to sell it.

Not mine to sell. . . Just trying to get a ball park estimate value for my mother. If/when she makes a decision to sell then we can pursue this further.

Mildly amused by the big V8 in a 4x4 being "needed" in some areas. Wonder how all of our ancesters got by in the 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s and 70s before the 4x4 craze got started. Must never have driven anywhere. Especially in the pre-WW2 period when about 90% of all roads were unpaved. Back when I got my '33 in the 1970s in upstate NY I found that it was an excellent snow car even without snow tires, studs or chains: Reasonable ground clearance, narrow tires to go through the snow and get traction and not so much power to break the wheels free if you just touched the accelerator. Hardly need a 4x4 when you have that going for you.

My last 4x4 got left in Montana on a hunting trip. I decided that all it was good for was to get me twice as stuck in half the time...

Street legal  monster trucks are still quite the rage around here. Not sure why, who can afford to drive one? I'm 40, been job hunting for almost a year for something off farm. Even gassing up the 4 banger Ranger is a stretch right now. There are almost no jobs for a 40 year old with a bad back and bad shoulder...