Mecum Auction

Quite a good looking truck, and probably not bad for the money. Like the accessories: dual carb, heater. internal rear-vision mirror, lighter/ashtray, horn ring, chrome whiskers/grille - not sure about the red seat, fuse box and the modern stereo though. I'm sure that the new owner is very proud of their purchase and I hope he/she ends up here amongst friends.

Fuse box and modern radio are visible, doesn't the glove box door open? And what is all the electrical mess next to the fuse box, a slant six spec electronic ignition or something?

It's a decent enough looking truck, but the modern stuff really needed to be hidden a bit better. I plan on gutting the 6v heater and stuffing the 12v heat/ac from the Ranger in the old casing, run the ducting through the defroster outlets.

I'm by no means a "it MUST be stone stock" type of owner (stock is boring, sorry), but come on... If you keep the flatty, at least try to make the peripherals look the part (except alternators, fly them proudly).

Fuse box and modern radio are visible, doesn't the glove box door open? And what is all the electrical mess next to the fuse box, a slant six spec electronic ignition or something?

It's a decent enough looking truck, but the modern stuff really needed to be hidden a bit better. I plan on gutting the 6v heater and stuffing the 12v heat/ac from the Ranger in the old casing, run the ducting through the defroster outlets.

I'm by no means a "it MUST be stone stock" type of owner (stock is boring, sorry), but come on... If you keep the flatty, at least try to make the peripherals look the part (except alternators, fly them proudly).

I know I'm in the minority of "stone stock parts", but for a "restoration" there is a TON wrong for this truck.  Wrong colors, too much chrome, not to mention the visible 12V stuff...heck the steering wheel has cracks in it still!   and I said I wasn't gonna say anything.... 

Beyond that I'm glad it found a home to someone who will appreciate it.  If they show up here I promise to not bag to hard on the things that push my buttons....

:)

I would like to see how they arrived at 185 HP? I hope it runs as good as the selling price.

Me too Don.  I want to get me one.  Oh wait....that's probably the only one on the planet.

I know I'm in the minority of "stone stock parts", but for a "restoration" there is a TON wrong for this truck. Wrong colors, too much chrome, not to mention the visible 12V stuff...heck the steering wheel has cracks in it still! and I said I wasn't gonna say anything....

Beyond that I'm glad it found a home to someone who will appreciate it. If they show up here I promise to not bag to hard on the things that push my buttons....

:)

i wouldn't worry about it. it does state "recent restoration" in the description. if that was the objective, it failed. it IS a nicely done modification, and the truck looks nice, nothing wrong with it, just not a restoration.

185 hp is pretty high for a 218, even with dual carbs and manifold.