'57 D-100 @ Barrett Jackson

Yes it was a Sweptside........but I don't think it was the same one as they sold at Scottsdale. I think this one was light green and white if I remember correctly.

I actually prefer the styling of the standard bed.......but I know these are rare. Seems like it was one of the highest dollar vintage trucks at Palm Beach.

I looked at a factory V8 57 D200 before buying my Pilothouse. It had ta locked up rear axle and too much cancer for me......very cool though. I see it is back up for sale on Craigslist again with a new Dana 44 in it. Asking price has doubled from when I looked at it.

They are neat.......but I am glad I went for a Pilothouse.

Jeff

'57 Sweptsides are COOL. This one was at Mopars in the Park when I was there in '09. His buddy had a nearly matching '59. A guy had them both and they worked a package deal for the two of them. They each restored one and they both came out great.

P5301181.jpg

I didn't get a good picture of the '59, but here's the front half...

P5301178.jpg

I believe the 57s are the most common and the 59s rarest. I believe the 59 is a partial year truck being replaced by a modern smooth side bed. I like the 58 and 59 grill over the 57.

Well I really don't know a lot about them but they are cool. And it seems to me at least they are far less common than a Pilothouse. The '57 I looked at had the factory Poly V8 with a 4 speed. I am sure I would have bought it if it did not have so much cancer. Way too much for a SoCal truck. The more I looked ......the more I noticed. In the end I just figured it was going to be a can of worms.

Jeff

I believe forum member Reg Evans has or had one.

I still have it Don.  It's a 58 with a 315 poly and auto trans.  I haven't done much to it since I have owned it except brake work and getting the engine to run right. New cam ,timing chain and gears and rebuilt heads.  Oh yeah,a better tail gate and bumpers too. If I can ever get the fire re-lit under myself I might tackle the body and paint.  This is a photo taken after making it 1/2 way to Tim's BBQ and then back home for a new fuel pump.

MVC-007F-1.jpg4thannualBBQ1.jpg

No, I didn't make it again this year.  It looks like they had a great turn out and lots of fun.  Sorry I missed it.

My mini Pibald Doxi came into heat so I had to stay home for the wedding. Last weekend was the best time for a successful breeding so the male spent the weekend.

This is Lulu  shortly after she  joined our family.  Hopefully soon we'll have even more little weiner dogs running around here. 

Lulu.jpg

I had a 58 D300 with a 315 (the factory truck engine is NOT a Hemi, just looks like one, it's a poly/wide block). That Sweptside is nice, but if it has a Hemi, it isn't a resto, it's a rod...

'57 had a hemi, I am overhauling one now for my T bucket - that I just bought today! (Tossing that Ferd 351).  Not sure what all trucks they came in, I'm sure not all 57 v8s were hemi's but some 57s were.

post-459-0-80004800-1365476693_thumb.jpg

post-459-0-83006900-1365476711_thumb.jpg

post-459-0-74806500-1365476728_thumb.jpg

Good eye Ed. In that photo my truck has a 59 grill installed where the 3 chrome bars are suppose to be. They are off to be re chromed right now.

Ok so that makes me wonder why it doesn't match the 59 pictured above?

Oh that's simple Ed.  It's cause I misspoke and the temporary grill in my truck is actually from a 1960. :o

Haha Reg you can't catch a break can ya!

Okay. I'm strung out on muscle relaxants and pain meds right now, slipped and fell off the backhoe yesterday.

The only factory installed pickup truck Hemi I've seen is in a pie plate Sweptline. He has the custom order sheet. It is fairly easy to make a baby Hemi look at home in a 54-56 or Power Giant that had a factory V8.