New Look — Very Nice!

bamfordsgarage

It took about 5 minutes for my puter to load this three page thread. On the old forum I read every posting and could load a 3 page thread in very short order. With this new forum it will take me a month to get caught up reading every posting. Why is this? Also why did the font size suddenly change for this reply. Even after I increased the font size it did not "take" and the font is still small. Also when going through my profile I stumbled across a notification "warnings 0". What are warnings? I thought i had my PM's turned on. I will have to check that again. My PM box had PM's dating back about 3-4 years. I did delete all of them I think. I made an attempt to post pictures from both photobucket and my puter to no avail. As photos are now stored on this server is using photobucket now obsolete? Also how many photos am I allowed to post? Is there a old and new limit? Enough for now.

It took about 5 minutes for my puter to load this three page thread. On the old forum I read every posting and could load a 3 page thread in very short order. With this new forum it will take me a month to get caught up reading every posting. Why is this? Also why did the font size suddenly change for this reply. Even after I increased the font size it did not "take" and the font is still small. Also when going through my profile I stumbled across a notification "warnings 0". What are warnings? I thought i had my PM's turned on. I will have to check that again. My PM box had PM's dating back about 3-4 years. I did delete all of them I think. I made an attempt to post pictures from both photobucket and my puter to no avail. As photos are now stored on this server is using photobucket now obsolete? Also how many photos am I allowed to post? Is there a old and new limit? Enough for now.

To date you are the only one noting a performance issue. You on dial up? GIve me some details about the environment  cause something else has to be going on. 

I'm running on vanilla cox cable and it loads almost instantly. 

A trick to clean up any font or formatting issues is select all the text, then click on the eraser icon (Remove Format). Then you can start anew. 

To date you are the only one noting a performance issue. You on dial up? GIve me some details about the environment cause something else has to be going on.

A trick to clean up any font or formatting issues is select all the text, then click on the eraser icon (Remove Format). Then you can start anew.

he's not the only one having issues. i have a broadband connection, but the new site/pages load much slower than the previous version. i also get occasional "script errors", which i never got on the previous version. i believe a lot of this has to do with the embedded facebook, but i'm not a techie.

i'd like to be able to view the "buy/sell" content, but i cannot. when i click that link, nothing happens. i can click the "forum", "home", "chat", and "view new content" links, but none of the others do anything. this is needed since the forum-style classifieds are being eliminated.

he's not the only one having issues. i have a broadband connection, but the new site/pages load much slower than the previous version. i also get occasional "script errors", which i never got on the previous version. i believe a lot of this has to do with the embedded facebook, but i'm not a techie. i'd like to be able to view the "buy/sell" content, but i cannot. when i click that link, nothing happens. i can click the "forum", "home", "chat", and "view new content" links, but none of the others do anything. this is needed since the forum-style classifieds are being eliminated. * * * * * * * * * *

What browser are you using? 

To date you are the only one noting a performance issue. You on dial up? GIve me some details about the environment  cause something else has to be going on. 

I have not been on dial up for ten years or longer. I just cleaned up my cache and it helped some but it still takes a lot longer to refresh than the old format. I am using XP-Pro 2000 version and I recently upgraded to 1 GB RAM. It does appear that with all the banners, avatars, faceplant/tweet stuff that there is a lot more stuff to refresh and that may be the speed issue. How can I get rid of the faceplant/tweet, stuff as I will never use any of that. Is it possible to turn avatars and banners off.

Tried to upload an album, and it said I'm not allowed to. Is there a special pass or priviledge to do so?

Albums are currently offline as they have not been converted.

i'm using dinosaur tech. an old dell dimension with ME for an o/s. browser is firefox v 2.0xxx. same boat as don c. i'll never use f*book, twitter, etc. i'd like to turn off avatars (for me), too. i don't need any animation.

discovered that in "more reply options", the titles to the links that i can't access are highlighted/outlined with a white box, and the links i can access are normal.

i realize i'm not a typical user, so my issues aren't particularly helpful in terms of assisting anyone else. i'll deal with it as best i can. i do have an appreciation for how much time and effort you put in to it, gtk.