Installing fresh air and defroster options

Jeff Balazs

That explains that green job you got.......(and the red/black one I need...(ha)

I painted my truck and my friend Slick' 1950 3/4 ton back in about 1980. My paint bill for 2gals-of primer, 3-gals of acrylic enamel w/hardener, plus a gal of bondo came to $124.00. I did it myself at a rented spray booth 1-day/1-truck.

The second time around I got quotes as high as $13,000 :rolleyes: but remembered some shop I used to walk by on my lunch break. My paint job was about $5,000 from bare metal then zinc chromated, primed and 5 coats of paint. The green paint bill was $1,200 for three gals w/o reducer or hardner. (bought at the height of the petro product hype back around 2006 or so).

My truck looks as good (to somepeople gffaww) as when it rolled out of the shop in 2009.

Hank :)

Bottom line: It's about rust.

Edited by HanksB3B

Great idea's Hank,Ed and everyone,this is helping me so much on how I want to paint my WD-15.Thanks for all the pics and different ways on painting your trucks.:D

And the under dash Defroster/wireing pictures are super.

I just want to see if someone can post a picture of themselves working under the dash of their truck?

For the love of all that is holy I can't figure out how I am going to wedge my large butt in the cab to work behind my dash!!:confused:

For the love of all that is holy I can't figure out how I am going to wedge my large butt in the cab to work behind my dash!!:confused:

I actually find the truck easier to work under the dash of than my 48 plymouth. You can easily pull the speedometer out and get pretty good access to a lot of stuff that way. Also if you don't have the glovebox in that helps too. Plus compared to my plymouth there is just a lot less stuff in there!

• 1 month later...

When I had to work under the dash, I too first removed the seat cushin, then laid a nice wide board across the frame to slide in and out. Then a heavy blanket (or old sleeping bag) on the floor and a pillow. But what also helped was the two 40 watt light bulbs up in the corners. Even so, it's a challenge.

Mark;

:wub:  I LUV U MAN ! :wub:

The model 65 arrived today  :D :D :D ........it is amazing. Of course after getting to know you on this forum ........ I never had any doubt.

All I can say is you do absolutely first class work. This is one fine addition to my truck. I owe you big time.

Jeff

Glad it made it in one peice and you are happy!

Glad it made it in one peice and you are happy!

Mark;

:D I couldn't be happier with it......it probably looks better than when it was new.

Did a quick test fit in the cab and all is AOK. This will be a major part of a terrific fresh air/ defroster addition to my truck.

And it fits in and looks much better than the aftermarket heater that was in the truck. Very nice indeed!

Thanks again, Jeff