Paint color question

David A.

Can someone tell me what color the under dash emergency brake handle and bracket is supposed to be on a 1950 B2B?

Also, are the rear engine mounts painted silver like the bell housing, or black like the frame?

Thanks for the help!

David A.

my holder is black and the handle is chrome.

in my truck the mount on the frame is black and the one to the bell housing is silver...don't know if the one on the bell housing should be black or silver though. I'm thinking they both should be black/frame color.

All of the emergency brake handles and brackets that I have seen here in Oz have been black. Although, my handle initially had a reddish tinge to it (and I have recently seen another photo of a red handle).

All of the rear engine mounts that I have seen have been black.

Desotodav

Mounts in my truck are silver. Mounts on the donor engine/trans are silver. Frame is black (what you can see through ancient cow manure residue).

Book says the handle should be red, have only ever seen black in 50-71 trucks. Including the 58 D300 I used to have, the 60 D100 Grandpa used to have, the 69 D100 I have and the 70 D100 shorty a good friend has. Plus the dozens I've looked at as parts trucks over the years.

The entire under-dash parking brake is painted black, and then the handle is painted red so ya can see it. The red is about the same color as used on the hub caps, hood ornaments and nose logo...and the original red fell off just as fast on all of'm :cool:

Thank you to everyone for your input and pictures. I saw a picture once of a chrome handle, but I know mine wasn't chrome as there is no trace of it on the handle. It sounds like the majority say red, so I guess red it is!

When I get a chance, I'll try to figure out how to post pictures of my restoration. I painted the cab a few weeks ago, and I hope to paint the front fenders and nose today.

Thanks again for all the responses.

David A.