48 P-15 Must be a golden child!

dezeldoc

Stumbled across this for sale on CL. I don't know maybe it is me but What are people thinking with these prices.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/cto/3164326512.html

Be sure to read about the "low ballers"Then i found this one!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/cto/3203535644.html

Edited by dezeldoc

Those new tires won't be that way for long judging by the amount of camber left over from the lowering job. "induced patina" is another good one. Not to mention the kind words to all you lowballers out there.....proof positive that some people should remember to wear a hat when the sun is up..especially in the desert!

just had to snicker at the "induced patina"..someone ought to in-tro-duce them to sand paper and paint..but it is not a survivor so patina is not a true point for the car given the interior upgrades...the pinstriping and fuzzy dice must be the key to the high price..while the car will have a bit more than average if really rust free..(less patina)..it is not Pebble Beach condition...getting a buyer for full asking is a dream I think but hey, he only needs one buyer..car needs more pictures of areas such as floors,. rockers in and out, trunk, etc etc..

5000.00 is a bit of money but for the car it is buying I think it has a good chance of changing hands..now we all know what is asking and what is taking are two different animals altogether..granted..if his ads are not out there in the right place the mean time between listing and selling may be a bit..but if someone is seriously looking for that particular model..he is in the ballpark for dealing..

That 69 fury convert is crazy. Dad paid about double that for one with new interior top and fresh paint. It was done in a guys garage so its not perfect but its completely presentable. It pays to wait. That guy started out at 12 and kept going lower.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/cto/3206586410.html

Everything seems more expensive here in California. If you can find a 1950s and prior car that runs and doesn't have any cancer for in the 3-4K range, you have done well. Notice I said runs, not runs well. If the interior is in decent shape as well, it seems you have just about scored. Of course, there are exceptions. I looked for quite a while and it was almost impossible. I looked at a 1950 Pontiac Chieftain. The body had rust, the floors were almost rusted through, the interior looked as if it had a family of cats inhabiting it, and the supposed "rebuilt" straight 8 wouldn't run for more than 10 seconds. He said he had 10K invested (yeah right), and he wanted $3,200. $5,000 for that 1949 is an absolute steal here. Here in "wine country", you can spend $750-$900 per month just to rent a tiny studio apartment. $600 if you don't mind the risk of being attacked or robbed at night.

I don't really understand why the old flathead Mopar cars don't bring in what the Fords and Chevys do either. I guess not as many people are interested in these cars. I've been to one car show with mine, and I was really proud to have the only flathead 6 Chrysler there. Out of maybe 100 cars, there were two other flathead 6 Mopar cars there, a 1949 Plymouth and a 1948 or so Desoto. Usually there aren't any. Everyone has tri-five Chevys. Why not be different?

Dan

The supposed lack of interest is a lack of aftermarket support. If they can't get parts at Pep Boys or O'Rielly's (since Checker, Schucks, Kragen is gone) they don't want it. Or they want one with a 350/350 so they can "get parts anywhere". Even though 90% or better never see the road except on a trailer.

You can't GIVE a stock Mopar away down here. I could have picked up a nice wrecked but fixable 49 Dodge BC in Memphis for less than the 35 mile tow bill to get it home. All there but the glass. But the wife said I have too many projects already. And she's right (4 motorcycles, 6 trucks, 2 cars, 4 boats, old tractors, vintage semi trailer)...

Even Ford and Chevy, unless they are coupes or pre-72 trucks, aren't worth the gas to haul them for scrap here. Was offered a cherry 58 Chev 2 door with a blown 348, not worth the effort to drag it home, don't like GM products, no market for it (no lowrider community here)...

I'd give the Packard guy about 10% of his asking, just to grab a few parts I like.

Even on the west coast, less than primo old Fords aren't going for much. My running driving original engine V8-60 powered no paint no glass 32 Vicky isn't worth anything. So I left it there when we moved.

Fickle market, down here I can still buy 60's Ford trucks all day long, running, for under $500. Dodges for a lot less.

My 58 D300 cost me $5 in MS back in 98. Good doors? Not around here, every older Dodge I've seen here has rotten doors, including my 49, which had almost no rust when I moved here.

Wish I still had the 58, Katrina got it along with our 30' 1946 cabin cruiser.

This is Ford country, or Chevy. See 50 old ones of those to every Dodge.