Anybody have a...

Jeff_DuBois

In my opinion, the door lock is #2 on the Top Ten Tough to Find List (anyone guess what is #1?), but don't loose hope.

In a perfect world, this is what you want:

1956truckbrass-3.jpg

A possible alternative that I saw somewhere as new (I think it's a Ford part). I'm not sure it fits, but I think it was relatively cheap and thought it was worth a shot if I hadn't found mine when I did.

New_Alternate_Maybe.jpg

I'll try to find the source of this part and edit this post to include the supplier (if I can find it). In the mean time try to use eBay as a search tool and contact sellers that deal with auto locks as they sometimes know each other.

I got mine from ebay seller fremansaa (2607) They are a Junk Yard in Montana. Better find out before it snows.

Autonut2 (15280) also may prove to be a good source

Good Luck,

Hank :)

A possible alternative that I saw somewhere as new (I think it's a Ford part).

Hank, that's interesting, when I got my truck I was lucky enough to have keys and working lock, but the door key was stamped Ford. It is the squared shape as in your post, I always thought that someone used a Ford blank to make the key, but now I guess the entire lock is Ford.

Hank, that's interesting, when I got my truck I was lucky enough to have keys and working lock, but the door key was stamped Ford. It is the squared shape as in your post, I always thought that someone used a Ford blank to make the key, but now I guess the entire lock is Ford.

Mine too.

Something like this?

http://macsautoparts.com/early-ford-pickup-door-lock-cylinder-with-2-keys-100-authentic-flipper-has-raised-teardrop-notch-21a-702302/camid/FP1/cp/JS0R3CHL1094577E/

21A-702302_pJPG.JPG

Does anybody know if a 48/49 or.. car door lock will fit in and work on a 49 Dodge truck.These locks are hard to find. I am in need of a door lock and key. I live in a drug infested neighborhood , and need to lock my truck up. (on street parking) :( Anybody have one for sale?. thanks.

Here's a pair of new car door locks, but perhaps this ebay vendor has what you're looking for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200654204422&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:MOTORS:1123

In my opinion' date=' the door lock is #2 on the Top Ten Tough to Find List (anyone guess what is #1?)

Hank,

My guesses on what is the #1 tough to find item.

Dual horns? Fresh air package?

Just a couple of stabs at it.

KJ[/quote']

passenger sun visor is up there too.

..what with finding the dime..I am already making money on that car..

Keep telling yourself that... and don't pay any attention to the invoices for parts! I never figured this to be a "for profit" hobby.:D