Some more nice Cuban pictures (OT)

Robin (UK)

There's a car identification quiz there, boys.

Sometimes they get the make right, but don't know the model.

Sometimes they get the entire brand wrong.

Everyone could look at post their I Ds back here...by picture number.

I can tell what most (maybe all) of them are.

A number of years ago, I had an opportunity to visit Cuba and see these cars first hand. It is truly amazing and they are, by and large, only on the road due to real Henry Ford, make-it-yourself engineering chuptzah. The most interesting and frightening aspect to me was driving at night. Most, if not all, of the old cars did not have functioning headlights. We only did significant night time driving one time and it was enough.

I recall passing a factory or some sort and wishing I had a roll of black & white in the camera...if I had snapped a photo of the lot, you would have thought it was taken somewhere in Florida or Alabama in 1955!

The oldest models I saw in daily use were Ford Model A's in many different configurations. Even saw a sedan De'Ville Caddy that was identical to my brothers!

Even as a third world communist failure, it's still a vacation hot spot for most of the world. Cheap, relatively safe and no-Americans or American influence to speak of. At least this was what we heard from the many, many Europeans who where there. Apparently, Germans get a lot of vacation time...there was a couple in Cuba on a 3 week vacation.

Apparently' date=' Germans get a lot of vacation time...there was a couple in Cuba on a 3 week vacation.[/quote']

I once read that Americans get a lot less time off than people in most European countries.

FWIW, my father was stationed in Havana during WWII and he told me it was a very nice city at the time.

Having just returned from key west ,i can only add that americans don't actually need as much holiday as every day is a vacation!

You've never worked 60+ hour workweeks in Trenton, Missouri. Key West is quite lovely, and probably to live there would be quite a treat. However, there are more Trenton experiences than Key West experiences in the USA.

That is true ,I have never worked 60 plus hours weeks in Trenton.Well spotted!

I was trying to make the point that America ,to an outsider,seems a very nice place to live. Sorry...