Vintage picture thread

coW52Dodge

what is impressive is not that the Dodge is transporting them but the manner they were stacked..stayed in place while some poor slob lashed the chains with the binders...secondly who was the poor soul tasked with the release of these binders.....

are those shadow of brush and bramble or a disguised safety chain attached to the chassis.....🤣 a certain other company today would depict this image by backing up to the edge of the precipice.  (but I still think they use photoshop on the safety cable there also) yeah, just not that trusting in the actual event or portrayal thereof 

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

16 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

had to be long before the slogan...DON"T YOU BUY NO UGLY TRUCK   that thing is butt ugly....both ends...!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....

Never before seen pictures of Dodge Skyscrapers and did not know they existed. What is the purpose of the two levels of windows? Both levels have wipers. Where would the driver sit? Also assuming it had the super big six, totally different flathead than in regular cars and trucks. Dodgeb4ya would likely know. 

13 hours ago, RobertKB said:

...What is the purpose of the two levels of windows? Both levels have wipers. Where would the driver sit?...

I had to study that profile view for awhile, and my best guess is that with a car loaded just over the rear axles, the nose of the car would be under the driver position.  The lower glass would be about where the floorboards would be so the driver could see traffic or other obstructions over his feet.  The sky high cabs were done back in the era of semi-truck overall length restrictions that were phased out by the 1980s, making cabover semi-trucks a rarity today compared to conventional cabs.

On 5/14/2024 at 5:21 AM, JBNeal said:

VINTAGEPIC:

saw this B-4 on the FB

large.FB_IMG_1702839150629.jpg.8568d96cba78b1623285be4adca34cad.jpg

We have an exact duplicate of this style of gas station right down the street from my office. Although, (sadly) it's now being used as a hipster coffee house. I guess that's better than it being razed...

https://maps.app.goo.gl/k7gy9c6v21frU6CW7

Texaco.jpg

Edited by John-T-53

17 hours ago, John-T-53 said:

We have an exact duplicate of this style of gas station right down the street from my office. Although, (sadly) it's now being used as a hipster coffee house. I guess that's better than it being razed...

https://maps.app.goo.gl/k7gy9c6v21frU6CW7

Texaco.jpg

Better a hipster coffee house then a parking lot or high rise apartment

• Like 1