I'm back

mrwrstory

Whadda hoot! Many more friends than I expected showed to witness the triumph or tragety. Was a pretty

cool car show too, for starters. Got them softened up with pitchers of Bloody Marys.

Img_6094.jpg

-

Img_6090.jpg

-

Img_6086.jpg

Fired on the second revolution. No backfires. No explosions. No smoke. Ran the cam in for about 15 min. at 1800rpm

before the lower radiator hose blew. Seems the builder (me :o ) missed one hose clamp. Damn! :mad: antifreeze all over

the engine compartment. Now I got another cleaning job. Upon shutdown also discovered an oil leak which appears to

eminate from the rear of the intake manifold. Maybe another issue with the amature builder.

Img_6102.jpg

Held steady at 190 degrees and 50psi. Alternater lead is not yet attached.

Img_6104.jpg

One of the buds also shot some video. I will have it on U-Tube soon and give a "heads-up".

Bill, I'm going to put AC in my car and I need to mount the AC compressor on the Passenger Side. Right now, my alternator is there. Did Mopar make any alternator brackets for the Driver's side? Or am I going to have to do what you have done and fabricate my own AC and Alternator brackets?

Thanks,

Rock

I'm coming to this thread late. I love the progress and attitude, keep up the good work and humble progress!

Not to hijack but... Rock, there are mounts for AC for small block Ford (at least) that sit high on the driver's side - see http://www.nostalgicairparts.com/air-conditioning/universal-ford-compressor-mount-driver-side-190.php - the same place has "center mount" mopar brackets which don't look as useful to me.

Or Google for: "sbf upper driver ac mount"

I would imagine that something like the SBF mount could be bought or built for your 360?

They call it experience. I now know that it takes at least twice as much RTV to seal the intake to block on a

small block Mopar,... than it does on a SBC.

Img_6118.jpg

The major negative in the initial fire-up was a major oil leak at the rear of the intake manifold. I pressurized the

crankcase via the oil dipstick tube and could feel the air exiting in the area of the distributor. Dismanteling yielded

the image of the sealant barely making contact with the intake maniforld. I was overly concerned with using

excessive RTV. I have just re sealed the area with a bead twice the size as previous. Like I say, "experience".

As pulling the intake necessitated draining the cool system, it was also a good time to address several small leaks.

Also retorqued the heads which was on the adgenda as well.

I am promised the video of the fun within a few days.

congrats on your fire up,,,car show looked great too,,love that last car in line 39/40 ford,,,i always use the cork gasket made to go on the end on the sbmopar intake, i have never had a leak at the intake..

i too would be concered about a giant bead of rtv,squashing down and getting in to the valley.

post-2722-13585366416789_thumb.jpg

Here 'tis ya'll.

Maybe a little more on the social aspect than on the initial fire,...but fun none-the-less.

Thank you to Walter Lee who did the video and is probably the only one not pictured.

http://vimeo.com/36628596

First off your garage is way too orginazied, your wife is way too shy, and there were not enough pictures of the red Buick.

Great video!

Ya know, when you ask a friend for a favor, you're kinda stuck with the results. The video of the Start-Up Party was a great documentation of the party, a wonderful gathering of friends and their cars to share in the excitement of the moment. Unfortunately, "the moment" in my opinion was almost lost in the celebration.

Sooooo,.....I gave up a day of bendin stuff and makin sparks, in the garage, to learn something new, i.e. YouTube, and show what I really wanted to share. I also inlisted the help of my bride of 50 years,...who catered the party, to run the camera.

I think it turned out pretty cool for our first attempt.

very kool..some thing i need to learn is the you tube thing,,,made an in car video and converted it too dvd, of a good guys event pocono speed way track drive,,

love your car and all the work so far,,,love the great work you did on the front suspension,,, what carbs are you running ?? holley/mopar 6 pak carbs ?

also,,ide like to replace my after market fiberglass dash with a ply metal dash, i perfer the chrome center bezel and to have a glove compartment,, can you tell me what the width of your dash is ?? and how deep it is in the center at the middle of the dash,,,,when u have time,,,thanks,,,don

Seems like it took forever to get over this hump. I didn't exactly know how I was going to solve the throttle linkage problem: however, perseverance does pay off. With a modified Chinese throttle cable, a modified wrecking yard accelerator pedal, some misc. bits and pieces from the hardware store and a home built bracket, I can now start the car while sitting in the drivers seat. (I kinda like the pics too.) The carbs are Webers.

Img_6154.jpg

-

Img_6155.jpg

Now I can concentrate on making the"kick-down" linkage. And that I have to convert from a "pusher" to a "puller" at the carburator. You can see the extra space at the top of the cable anchor bracket where I hope I can squeeze it in.

Edited by mrwrstory

weber carbs,very kool,,what is the cfm on those,

here is an idea,,for your kick down cable,,do you have room on the back side of the bracket where the throttle cable is attached to the linkage ? if so, make your bracket wider at the bottom where the cable casing nut is ,and position the cable side by side at that point, atttach the kick down cable to the same lug as the throttle cable on the linkage,,,just a thought,,

Don't remember the exact CFM numbers but the center carb is in the high 200's and the secondaries are in the low 200's. The venturies are changable so I can tune later when I get all the bugs worked out.

The original Mopar kick-down relied on a "push" at the carb. I am turning that around and will pull from right above the return spring. At least that's what I envision at the moment.....:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to envision how the inner fender and splash panels go together w/o dragging them down from the rafters. Question:.... Can the inner sheet metal be mounted prior to mounting the fenders? Does anyone have a pic or drawing of that area, w/o fenders, that they would kindly share with me?

tx in advance!