What size tires do you have on your P15?

fedoragent

Folks,

What size tires do you have on your stock P15 sized wheels? I am buying some stock wheels and I was wondering what you folks all were putting on your tires. Please indicate Bias or Radial tires and whether they were white walls. I'm also searching for a good price on the tires. So if you feel you got yourself a steal on the tires let me know where you got them.

Thanks,

Jon

Well if you get standard radials I got mine from a car junk yard for a set of tires for around 100 dollars. Watch for the Dot date on the tires if buying used as that can give you a heads up on how old the tires are. I went back to my standard 6.00-16 because I like the old fashion look on my Dodge. But I still have a full set of radials plus 15 rims sitting on my garage floor.

IF you want black sidewall radials......you can probably get them from a

regular tire store. I suggest the 215-75R-15 size.

If you want wide white radials, you'll need to get them from an antique

tire provider like Coker or others. These won't be cheap.

Another thing or two to think about...narrow bias ply tires make your manual steering easier while parking or at slow speeds, but at highway speeds they tend to wander/follow every rut in the road which gets tiring.

Radials give you a bigger patch on the road and cure the wandering but make you use more muscle at the lower speeds and parking with power steering by armstrong.