Site Offline 10/30/24 starting 9:30 AM PST ×

Test Run to Post Pictures

This is a test run to see if I can post pictures of my 1951 BC3-116 that I am beginning to restore. I have read all the archives and I will try the instructions posted by Merle Coggins regarding pictures in several previous posts. Here goes.post-6619-13585355869313_thumb.jpg

Bummer!! Didn't work. I used the "Manage Attachments" below this window and it opened a window that lets me brouse my computer. I couldn't find my dodge pictures which (I think) are in "My Pictures". What may be attached to this post (or maybe not?) is a photo of my 1960 TBird. That is not what I wanted.

I am going to wait for my grandaughter to come over (hopefully today) to get me out of this mess.

Thanks for your patience. I am a real computer dufus.

No, I didn't see a thing. ;)

A good way is to upload your pictures to a hosting site, like photobucket.com. You basically set up an account, upload your pictures by simply clicking the upload button there. After they are uploaded, photobucket gives you a link to your picture that you can then refer to here with an code. I like doing it that way so you can get to the pictures from other forums or sites without having to be logged in here.

Ask your grand daughter - she'll know how, no doubt. ;)

Edited by coW52Dodge

Congradulations, you posted a picture. You just had a problem identifing the pictures on your computer hard drive. Usually the problem is that pictures are too large of a file size and then require re-sizing to 10 x 7 using a photo editor. That's why most people prefer to use a photo sharing site like www.photobucket.com . Then we just copy and paste a link to a picture.

you can learn quite a lot by reading a trying a few things, just like restoring a vehicle.

post-270-13585355872207_thumb.jpg

post-270-13585355872329_thumb.jpg

I think a full bottle of gin would be better than an empty bottle of trunk wine. As they say, one gin is too many, and four gins are not quite enough.

My grand daughter has not made an appearance as yet. Still hoping.

Thanks for the responses and comments. I'm sure that, with all this help, I may get through this.

My daughter (she came over before my grand daughter) and showed me how to find my Dodge pictures on my hard drive. I'm going to try this again. Hopefully, I will have attached three of my pictures of the truck that I will be restoring over the next year(s).

If all this works, I will be able to attach photos in future posts regarding the problems that I know I will be having during my project.

post-6619-13585355874538_thumb.jpg

post-6619-13585355875094_thumb.jpg

post-6619-13585355875677_thumb.jpg

Looks like you have a solid project to start with. You'll find a lot of helpfull people here. Good luck with your project and hope to keep seeing progress pics as you go.

Good looking metal, deluxe cab and one of the best undamaged grills we've seen in a long time. It has the optional air scoop which should give you some good natural air conditioning. Good luck. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

In order to confirm that I still remember how to attach photos to this thread, I have attached (I believe) five more pictures of my '51 BC3-116.

I bought the truck last Jan. and stored it in one our farm buildings until I completed the restoration of a '49 CJ3A Jeep. Basically, I would go in once in a while and just stare at it and wonder "what I have gotten myself into this time?" I have restored a number of antique Massey Harris tractors and the Jeep, but I have never attempted anything this challenging.

Well, I finally ran it into my shop several days ago (the truck starts and runs well, but it has no brakes other than the parking brake). I stared at it again and walked around it several times. I decided to take it one step at a time, beginning with the hood. It came off and separated easily. I bead blasted and primed it. Piece of cake.

Next, I decided to remove the rear fenders in preparation for removing the box. I spent most of yesterday wrestling (grinding, cutting, ...) with nine bolts on one of the fenders. I figure that I have about 4,500 more to go before I get the truck apart. I keep telling myself that this is going to be FUN.

In all seriousness, I am looking forward to this project. I am pleased that I found this forum. I am truly impressed with the wealth of knowledge of you folks, and your willingness to provide help, advice and technical info.

I will stop at this point (this is long enough). I am sure that you will hear from me again (probably many times).

post-6619-13585355941684_thumb.jpg

post-6619-13585355942214_thumb.jpg

post-6619-13585355942737_thumb.jpg

post-6619-13585355943288_thumb.jpg

post-6619-13585355943798_thumb.jpg