Any tips for putting the speedometer back?

Young Ed

I had to pull it out to fix the odometer. Ended up combining it with another speedometer I had with a broken needle. Cordless drill and a spare cable make it seem like its working. I oiled it well with 3n1. Even repainted the backdrop behind the numbers. But any tips to getting those 5 little screws back in?

There is a screwdriver that I think is called an "electricians screwdriver". The blade is split and sliding a small sleeve causes the two halves of the blade to expand and grip the screw. Its really very neat, I got mine at an electronic supply house.

I hope thats not as confusing as it sounds.

There is a screwdriver that I think is called an "electricians screwdriver". The blade is split and sliding a small sleeve causes the two halves of the blade to expand and grip the screw. Its really very neat, I got mine at an electronic supply house.

I hope thats not as confusing as it sounds.

all my screwdrivers look like that..oh wait..I'm crosseyed..

hard to beat jewlers loop, tweezers and small screwdriver..

Ed, just did it. I got the longest screw driver I had. I taped the screws with a small piece of the blue masking tape for painting to the scre driver. I set the speedo in, then I took an ice pick and put into the very top hole so the holes would line up. Then went around it, one at time. Patience is the key to this job

The masking tape worked quite well. Too well. Jinxed myself and now the speedo has to come back out. What was an accurate speedometer and a bad odometer is now a functional odometer and a speedometer that shows 45 when I shift out of first. I now have the worlds fastest p15!

What was an accurate speedometer and a bad odometer is now a functional odometer and a speedometer that shows 45 when I shift out of first. I now have the worlds fastest p15!

Cheapest speed equipment you can buy!:P