New owner Yorkshire UK

SteveMopar

Put a few posts on here already ,but yesterday I officially became a P15 owner.    Picked up my Business Coupe and trailered it home with my brother's 59 Apache.

Looking forward to tinkering around now and getting it on the road when it warms up abit.  Not that much to do, a few lights out, vac wipers do t work, need to fit some discreet indicators somewhere. Hardest will be finding some door locks over here. Any UK members any ideas?.

Sure I will be pestering with silly questions, I'm new to these old girls ,but not new to Mopars.

IMG_20170107_101047.jpg

IMG_20170107_101151.jpg

• Like 6

Welcome, you and your brother both have good taste in the classics. Seems to be a growing trend of these cars in the UK. I bet a big swap meet would do well there. Good luck with your car.

• Like 1

Hi Steve,

Looks a great ,solid car. Just bought some parts from Andy Bernbaum in Massachuetts. Good website and delivery to the UK, just the dreaded duty and vat to deal with! Over the hill in Lancshire so like to have a look sometime.  

• Like 2

Will check out Andy Bernbaum site. Busy on tinternet soaking up info on these cars.  Had tyre smoking 60s B bods before, nearly bought one of these 20 years ago. There was some legal ************** with the car so I walked away. Kept an interest in them, looking on the web etc. Knew I was destined to own one, just had to get the B bod ,drag race itch scratched. So here we are 20 years later ,finally in the driving seat.

One thing that impressed me about these cars is the attention to detail in the design and the aircraft type panel gaps and engineering

Yes baggieboy ,you are the other side of the hill..,..The wrong side  ha ha.!!

Edited by SteveMopar

Hi Steve,

Very, very nice looking car!  Welcome - I too fairly recently came over to the "flathead side" after many years of "modern" MoPars.  I second the Andy Bernbaum recommendation - they have seldom not had what I've needed, and you can talk to them.  Many also speak highly of Gary Roberts, too. Fortunately, living not far from both, I don't face your shipping issues....  

Good luck and enjoy!

• Like 1

Ha! Ha! Live in Chorley, but working in Huddersfield, born in London. Just plain confusing for me.

For anyone not from the UK,  there is a big rivalry between Lancashire and Yorkshire, infact we fought a war in the 1400s, trying to remember who won Steve?!

What are your plans for the car, are you keeping stock or going down the rod route?

• Like 1

You can find out on the web !!. I'm saying nowt.  Going to be keeping it more or less stock. Wanted something stock, more usable and economical. Got the V8 thing out of my system, so I'm looking forward to Flattie 6 motoring.  If it ever gave up ,I might fit a small block( Mopar of course). Although reading up on the 6 ,they are pretty robust motors.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, casper50 said:

I suppose you have stopped saying that to the women as I am sure your ability to either duck or run has slowed throughout the years. However, P-15 is really nice.

Hi Steve,

Neat car, like the colour. ;) 

I'm a wee bit 'up the road' from you, but who knows we might meet up at a show half way down / half way up.

I would have said 'Hi' earlier but had an issue with this site that every time I tried to open your thread it shut the link down, I have no idea why it let me open it tonight!

• Like 1

Hello Bob

Two newbies to pester people with questions.  Don't know if it's a factory colour, there is a similar colour in the above resource section.

It looked a definite blue in the ad pics, that could do with the glorious Nevada sky, not the gloomy grey were used too. Ha ha.

Hi Steve, nice Plymouth,love the color. I too encourage you to keep it stock. These old engines are very good and durable. Roberts Motor Parts is another parts source. Get a shop manual for your car !! It will be your best friend. As far as silly questions, the only silly question is the one you DON'T ask. Lots of helpful, knowledgeable folks on here.        Hey Baggieboy, I seem to remember another big war. Who won that one? Ha Ha ! Glad you guys are keeping those old  Flatheads runnin'.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, WeegieBob said:

Hi Steve,

Neat car, like the colour. ;) 

I'm a wee bit 'up the road' from you, but who knows we might meet up at a show half way down / half way up.

I would have said 'Hi' earlier but had an issue with this site that every time I tried to open your thread it shut the link down, I have no idea why it let me open it tonight!

Were you logged in?

1 hour ago, Mike36 said:

Hi Steve, nice Plymouth,love the color. I too encourage you to keep it stock. These old engines are very good and durable. Roberts Motor Parts is another parts source. Get a shop manual for your car !! It will be your best friend. As far as silly questions, the only silly question is the one you DON'T ask. Lots of helpful, knowledgeable folks on here.        Hey Baggieboy, I seem to remember another big war. Who won that one? Ha Ha ! Glad you guys are keeping those old  Flatheads runnin'.

Don't worry Mike ,staying stock.  It's a bit raggy round the edges, no rot ,just faded paint ,the odd chip and mark. What they now call a survivor car. I've had top notch paint before, unfortunately me being me, I use the cars ,so they always end up with the odd scratch ,ding. This suits me fine, lived in and shabby chic.

• Like 2

Hey Mike36, think I know which war you are talking about!  Seem to remember that seeing as you guys wanted the place so badly, we made a polite tactical withdrawal. Might be coming back soon on the good ship brexit, Europe doesn't want us any more!

Totally agree about flat 6 engine,  still running well in the plymouth,unrestored after 69 years.

I recently sold my 53 chevy pickup with its original 216 motor, the guy jumped in it and drove 380 miles non stop to the highlands of Scotland, amazing ( have to say I was glad when he let me know he got there!)

• Like 2