50fastback back from paint shop

Lou Earle

Well she is back- this car I had several years and went to move it and brakes failed - smashed up the front and rear- finally found a front clip from 49 and put it on- worked out and filled the back dents- painted it a flame red from a fleet color car quest had here - it really came out very pretty. Now to put it back together.

S6300014.jpg[/img]

S6300015.jpg[/img]

S6300016.jpg

Lou

Lou;

Have you checked the local laws to see how many old cars you are allowed to own? I believe you are close to being over the legal limit espically from what Tim told me a few minutes ago on the phone. So you snagged Bobbies car and now have at least two air conditioned P-15's. No fair! I dont have even one air conditioned P-15.

Your red car is a beauty! I see dual exhaust. What engine is under the hood?

That interior is completely wrong for a red car. I think your best bet would be to remove it quickly before anyone else sees it, and send it to me to dispose of in my '50. I'm quite sure you would feel much better after this has taken place, and will be much more apt to sleep at night. :D

Paint looks great, post more pictures when you get the rest of the parts back on...

Pete

Pete I'm sure Lou would be happy to do that but you cant use 2dr seats in a 4dr. :D

Oh that's just a small technicality Ed, I'm good with a pair of scissors and a sewing machine... LOL It would be a sacrifice for me to put that buttery interior into my brown car, but anything for a fellow forum member you know. I'd hate to see him driving around unaware of the color clash. :D

Pete

Not to make your head bigger, does look good. In fact I think Pete is right about the interior being wrong. Where is the red fuzzy dice? :D

How much paint did it take, did you use a signal stage or use a base clear coat?

Looks real Kool over the net. ;)

Before you finish your girl up I have to say, besides the fuzzy dice you will also need to have a wear a set of sunglass with your hair comb back. What ever you do make sure that you use at least one tube of brill cream in you hair. :cool:

To finsh up the look;

A brim hat

Pipe hanging out your month. Just remember do not light the pipe, would not want you to get?

Oh yes I almost for got, On Sunday make sure you have a pin stripe suit on. :cool: :cool:

That will make them Fords and Chev jealousies!

Ed :cool:

I'm good with a pair of scissors and a sewing machine... Pete

Guess Idehoe and Marryland are in the same class. In Tennessee I am good to go with shine! Dont need to carry no dam flowers, sewing machine, scissors, Twinkies, or milk:cool:

Perhaps I dont get it but there is no market for bootleg flowers, sewing machine, scissors, Twinkies, or milk here in Tennessee. And the sheep are nervous here.

Before you finish your girl up I have to say, besides the fuzzy dice you will also need to have a wear a set of sunglass with your hair comb back. What ever you do make sure that you use at least one tube of brill cream in you hair. :cool:

Ed :cool:

What's this Brill Cream junk. That won't hold the duck tails in the hair. What he needs for that is a jar of Butch. Now that will hold your hair in place in a hurricane.:D Take that from experience. Well.........all except the hurricane part.:D

Butch wax will do it..but for effect, the T shirt, peg legged pants, pointed toed shoes, and the ole pack of camel rolled in the sleeve is a must pegged jeans must never go below the ankle...this car would be a fine candidate for skirts..

Lets start the accessory list for Louman to purchase..I submit

Skirts

visor

dummy spots

swam neck mirrors or at minimum dual peeps

dummy spots

Dummy Spots:confused: This fits right in with flowers, Twinkies, milk, sewing machines, sissors, and fuzzy dice! Norm would do all this in Wishconsin along with Rodney in Marryland and Pete in Ihoespuds. Thought you Georgia on my mind boys had more class:mad:

I have a set but after seeing them up close I do not think I will mount them on anything and they are very popular here in the south...every 50-60's chubby and ferd has them mounted..

As for Louman having two AC'ed cars...well lets say he knows its is easy as

1-2-3

One, What he wants

Two, what it takes to get there

Three, spend the money else it don't get done..

Lou, I love red, what you did to that car is out of this world. It is very nice. I never knew that plymouth had a fast back type car until I saw one in "Back to the future" I like that body, paint and the interior. Don, what on earth does my wife's flowers and my undying love for twinkies got to do with this, I'm going to have a box of Twinkies and some choclate milk here for you when you come back to Maryland:) . The cruz spot at the Capital BLVD started tonite. I was over at the Studebaker getting the gas tank installed:mad: no fun for me. I will be going back tomorrow for some mulch and yes I will be driving my Plymouth:cool: Bus. Coupe's can do anything.

Engine is mystery engine- the numbers are filed off!! suspect a Dodge based on power. Has Dual exh. standared carb. Shaved head not sure it runs great - I am sure no cam nic esmooth engine- and I think after a bit of rest I will be putting a 5 speed in it

My dad bought me one of these in 1958, I was furious but since it as black I cooled abit. It served me well, drove it to Calif and back in 1958. My bro was with me, he asked how fast we would drive, I replied, "watch the heat gauge". We drove across the Mahove Desert in 115 heat at 30 mph but did not stop, at sundown we were back to 60 mph. Wish I had one now. Great color.

Lou,

Your car is awesome. I absolutely love it. Can't wait to see it back together.

On a side note, I'm going next week to look at a fastback '52 Dodge.

BloodyKnuckles

Well here it is just missing plym logo on back- it will turn up when I clean shop- Amazing how chrome and s steel perks one up- The buffing out at Tims really helped and Sal's delicious country dinner of corned beef cabbage tomatoes fresh bread beans etc was great but ruined my waistline again!!!

S6300026.jpg[/img]

S6300028.jpg[/img]

S6300027.jpg[/img]

S6300025.jpg[/img]