Need Advice on Choosing a Budget Laptop for College

Hi everyone,

I am starting college this fall and need to buy a laptop that won't break the bank. My budget is around $500. I will be using it mostly for writing papers online research streaming lectures and a bit of light photo editing. I do not need anything too fancy just something reliable and durable.

I have looked at a few models like the Acer Aspire 5 and the Lenovo IdeaPad 3 but I am not sure which would be the best for my needs. Do you have any recommendations or advice on what to look for. Are there any brands or specific models you could suggest.

I also searched on this: https://www.rtings.com/laptop/reviews/best/by-usage/college/powerapps/ to better advice but i could not found anything helpful.

Also if there are any good deals or places to buy from, I'd love to hear about those too. Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards

David😀

I will toss in my 2 cents..

What you are asking is not a lot.

https://www.walmart.com/browse/electronics/all-walmart-restored-computers/3944_9332706_7782955_2916436_4932219

I just think you can find something here that will do what you want, while not breaking the bank doing so.

I have bought 2 desktop computers from this link in the past and still using them several years later.

For your budget I think you can find something here that will do what you want.

I'm just no good at laptops and could not point you to the correct one to buy ... can point you in the right direction.

I am curious about why a person who has a profile on this site saying “I am Software Developer with ten years of experience” wants computer advice from a bunch of old car people. . . 

• Haha 1