Asche Dual Carb - Red's Header - 1934 Dodge DR Convertible project coming to a close

Semmerling

Thanks for posting. Very nice, considered and well engineered work. Your '34 is particularly suited to this tasteful upgrade. And, in theory, it should deliver improved performance and not just looks. I look forward to seeing the performance outcome. Art and engineering combined...worthy of the art deco ethos around automobiles.

Thank you, appreciate that.

For a single atmosphere the original carb was perfectly fine. The car doesn't need any more flow than the original carb, at least not in a meaningful way. Economy, perhaps all the rest in negligible by todays standards.  The exhaust is where something can really make a difference. Anything else is accomplished by speed parts inside the engine...pistons, crank, valves, decking, porting and fuel. Then there are some gearing that can matter. If you want to go faster, get in a modern car. 

On 3/26/2024 at 1:57 PM, Sniper said:

Yeah, the stock exhaust is a cork.  So are the stock valve guides.  Anything else done without addressing them is less than optimal.

Sniper...... So, what do you do about the stock valve guides?

My answer was a little lacking in detail, I was on thee road using my phone.

Here's the valve guide picture from Tony

https://www.facebook.com/thefreewheelingtonysmith/posts/pfbid02DEDHDF8oDH4At7zqLpbdj4yX9ybU4LEwpbEYi61TjEXyShNvaDHy84M1feqYGg7Tl

How long a guide do you need?

https://www.speed-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19767

Assuming a 218/230

length * 1.15 * stem diameter =

4.845 * 1.15 * 0.3405 = 1.89"

Stock guide length is 2.813"

So almost an inch can come out of the guide length, all of it from the port window.