29 DeSoto winter work

Hickory

• 1 month later...

IThey were painted when i got it. Some came painted, some came chromed. Not sure what mine were. I want to chrome later. Right now im having my headlight buckets, the fog lamps, and the brow trim rechromed. Im using a guy that is highly recommend by several car show winners. Top notch show quality chrome, but its gonna lighten the bank a little. So little at a time.

And my last coat with chrome paint, if you look closely you can see the reflection. The revell chrome paint is really good compared to others.

KIMG20240409_094030476.JPG

KIMG20240409_094040209.JPG

• Like 1

If you are attempting to imitate chrome, have you considered wrapping it into metallic film? Some of it looks quite a lot like authentic chrome, assuming that the surface itself has a nice smooth finish (which is also required for real chrome, and paint, alike),

Im happy with this paint till next year when i may chrome the bumpers, right now im just getting the other pieces chromed. Just wanted to show others how this paint looks as i am impressed compared to other paints and not everyone can afford chrome.

I had looked that Revell (Germany) chrom (sic) stuff up.  The testing videos I watched were all done on plastic, thanks for showing us how it looks on metal.  From the comparisons I saw, it looks like probably the best chrome paint available, and appropriately costly.  Apparently, you can apply it over anything, but if you clear coat it, it will dull significantly.  I'd be interested in durability, since it is intended for models that don't get much wear and tear, or exposure to weather.  That's something I could envision painting the inside or backside of chromed parts with if I want some shine with the paint protection.  Ooh - or maybe resurfacing the headlight reflectors on the Terraplane!