best sunrise ever

With the rains pushing through and overcast this morning I figured it was the makings of a nice sunrise.....headed out with a fresh cup of coffee to watch, boy was it ever, best sunrise I have seen in quite a while.  The better temps for now, overnight lows in 60's, I slept outside till mid morning love the night air and washed clean with rain.  The promise of spring..!

Oh well, now to run out and renew my Notary license and on to get some falloff chunk at the metal shop to finish a couple of small projects and get lighting beneath this newest lift I installed and make a tilt front hinge set up for the 58 Bugeye.  

I am now back home after my morning jaunt, renewed my notary license for another 4 years, snagged some falloff metal from the fabrication shop to complete four projects already drawn out on paper, called in a pizza for pickup on the way home and lunch is done by 12:30.  How you going to act?  Sun is shining to beat the band and temps is a good 70 degree...I am heading out now to continue my piddling about for the day.

Hope you all get a chance to do something you WANT to get done

Yesterday was really nice, I did get the bed sides bolted together .... working on the tail gate hinges now, they just dont want to slide into the hole ..... need to clean out the pipe.. Seems to be just enough surface rust inside .... not a easy spot to get to.

Feel like I'm getting lost in the weeds and should worry about it later. I need to get the front fenders installed and then the running boards and hang the old fenders temporarily.

I can still slide the bed forward/back a a couple inches .... I need the running boards and fenders to know where to start drilling and bolting the bed to the cross bars.

And I'm messing with the tail gate simply because I've never seen it installed.

And the truck still isn't running since I tuned it up  ??? .... just tired of tripping over everything as I'm out of room ... so putting the bed together.

I still need to fill the transmission/rear end with oil before I forget  ?

I get to do what I want this week, BIL is in the hospital and they moved him to hospice .... they give him about a week or less.

The Sister flew in from Washington for 9 days and has a rental car & motel, wife is down there with them. So just me and the dogs this week.

Sigh I need to call the wife. She called last night as the sister was being kicked out of the hospital for her rudeness .... trying to tell the nurses how to do their job and what they were going to do next .... 

I expected the wife to call me this morning, I better call and make sure they not in jail  :P

The big thaw is happening around here. We haven't seen the sun in several days. We got a lot snow 10 days ago and at the current rate may all be gone in a few days. Its washing all the ice melt away. Positive spring vibes!

21 hours ago, keithb7 said:

The big thaw is happening around here. We haven't seen the sun in several days. We got a lot snow 10 days ago and at the current rate may all be gone in a few days. Its washing all the ice melt away. Positive spring vibes!

Kind of like that around here too. The big show fall we had, just before the polar vortex, is melting away fast. We had mid 40’s here yesterday.