présentation

Roofus
Go to solution Solved by Bob Riding,

15 hours ago, Bob Riding said:

Hello Rufus

You have found the right place!

Does your car have the flathead 251 cu in engine? Do you know how it got to be in France?  It is a very nice shade of blue.

Yes, L6 251 CI, it was very long, the car was in very poor condition, it comes from South Dakota, now it is healthy, but I have problems solving with the M6 box, it's original color (ocean blue)

8 hours ago, Roofus said:

Yes, L6 251 CI, it was very long, the car was in very poor condition, it comes from South Dakota, now it is healthy, but I have problems solving with the M6 box, it's original color (ocean blue)

Not sure what an M6 box is, but I'd be happy to discuss it with you.

12 hours ago, Roofus said:

Check out our Forum member @keithb7 many videos, including your '53 Chrysler.     1953 Chrysler Windsor Deluxe

I'm thinking it is the M6 transmission gear box.

Yes

I did upload a few videos on the M6. I tore down a spare one that I had. I wanted to learn more about it and how it worked. 

These videos are really very instructive, I have the workshop manual and understood the operating principle, the electrical part seems to work properly, but at the hydraulic level I have a doubt, the mechanic has drained the box and put on oil 10W60 instead of the SAE W10, do you think it can disrupt the operation?

Do you agree with the fact that by voluntarily cutting the solenoid circuit, the transmission will only work 2/4 with the manual lever at the top or bottom

?

I use a language translator, I hope it works ...

Edited by Roofus