Please Read The Update Announcement... ×

simon whitley

whitleyfq340

good evening all..Hi I have today been casting my eyes on what looks like a 46 to 49 dodge sedan in right hand drive,imported from South africa to the uk.Im having some trouble setting up the column change and I was wondering if anyone had any schematics of the column change/linkage assembly and or any setting up tips?...They're a rare sight on our shores!!..Thank-you in advance... 

• Like 1

Steering wheel on the right - right?  For cars that drive on the left, like in the British Isles, South Africa, Australia, Japan, and a few other countries under the influence of Great Britain.  

I heard that there was the country that decided to switch from driving on the left to driving on the right. cars one week and trucks the next.  It didn't work out so well.  At least that's what I heard. 

unfortunately, my book will only give me the part numbers and brief description including lengths of the two remote shift cables needed when set up as right hand drive...you will need to source a repair manual for the export market for an exploded view...this view should be found in Section 19 of the exploded view of the parts breakdown manual.  The RHD will have other special bracket, spring and spacer clips etc.  

We have a couple UK members and of course a few from down under that hopefully can share an exploded view

edit note....cable is length for fluid drive, and length without fluid drive

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

Simon.do you have a pic of what you actually have, I assume its a factory RHD so there should be some sort of cable going from a bracket on the engine side of the firewall around to the USA drivers side and held onto a bracket beside the bellhousing with the inner cable going to a shifter arm on the gearbox.........there should also be some sort of bracket going across the top front edge of the gearbox/bellhousing join with a pivoting shaft and brackets/rods going to the column and gearbox............what exactly is the problem?...........andyd