Running boards

Dryerventwizard

I had bought some running boards in Virginia. But they started cracking and coming un glued just after a year. So they took um back and was supposed to send better new ones. Instead I got a letter in the mail that said they were no longer making them. Now I have no boards at all. Does any body know where to get new boards vulcanized at.

Just now, Dryerventwizard said:

I had bought some running boards in Virginia. But they started cracking and coming un glued just after a year. So they took um back and was supposed to send better new ones. Instead I got a letter in the mail that said they were no longer making them. Now I have no boards at all. Does any body know where to get new boards vulcanized at.

1940 dodge D14  but plymouth boards will work i had Plymouth boatds on mine.

2 minutes ago, Dryerventwizard said:

seems to me they owe you the cores or at minimum the cost of replacing the core hey took from you

thanks for the explanation, was not that clear in the first post.....sorry this went south for you....boards are often difficult to locate....I bought a set for a D19 long long ago...I cannot even recall what they cost me but for me to have them now and as is my shopping tactics...I know I got a good deal or would not have bought them  

sadly not many folks making cores and vulcanizing...most are just the vulcanizing process over prepped used cores.   Seems your first company decided to cut their losses rather than improve their product....not badmouthing....odds are I am sure the outlay to correct the defect would have come at a very  high cost to them.  

I bought smoothie fab boards for mine.  Painted and then masked off and coat with bed liner.    Could do same with your metal toppers after removing the rubber.   Or just glue the rubber back down.  Some darn fine glues out there now.  

20200825_141417.jpg

Edited by Sharps40

There are various designs of rubber sheeting that might be used to glue onto the metal board.  I believe you can buy one style at Lowe's

home store.....usually used for a floor runner.   There are others out there.  I believe the topic has been discussed in previous forums.   

Granted most others won't be exact duplicates of original......but my take is --- 99.9 percent of lookers will not know if such an item is

correct.  Only you and certain Plymouth experts will know the difference.   There is a fellow who makes a nice replica sill plate for P15 Plymouths, 

but you have to glue it in place.  It was originally bonded to a metal piece.  

1 hour ago, BobT-47P15 said:

There are various designs of rubber sheeting that might be used to glue onto the metal board.  I believe you can buy one style at Lowe's

home store.....usually used for a floor runner.   There are others out there.  I believe the topic has been discussed in previous forums.   

Granted most others won't be exact duplicates of original......but my take is --- 99.9 percent of lookers will not know if such an item is

correct.  Only you and certain Plymouth experts will know the difference.   There is a fellow who makes a nice replica sill plate for P15 Plymouths, 

but you have to glue it in place.  It was originally bonded to a metal piece.  

Yes, I see now that the discussion was about the 40 model year, not the P15s.  So I was off topic in what I wrote. My apologies.