White Letters Out or Blackwalls or White Wall Tires Members Poll

55 Fargo

White Lettering or Blackwalls only?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What do you all prefer for truck tires, black walls only, white lettering displayed, or white wall tires, or depends on vehicle

• Blackwalls ony
    • Raised White Lettering
    • White Walls
    • Depends on vehicle

Whats the favor of the forum on blackwall tires out, or White Letters, for a 55 Fargo truck. I have my preference which I will not disclose yet, just want to know what a lot of you Guys like. I know the consensus is older Guys like the white lettering on the outside on display....

This is just an informal poll, to discover what the taste of the masses are, some like only blackwalls, some don't like any whitewalls, and it's interesting to see what everyone prefers......

Edited by Fargos-Go-Far

Back on track with the original question.....MY opinion is black wall on a "work/stock" truck, wide whites on a "kustom", NO raised white letters.....EVER. Again, MY personal opinion.

• Like 1

Blackwalls on trucks, period, raised white letters ok on the muscle cars of the late 60's early 70's since they came from the factory that way.  white or black on cars

OWL on a lot of newer truck ans SUVs look good, and even some older trucks, it all depends. I think LT AT type tires are fine with the white lettering, but big mudders no way. But again I like WW tires on trucks too. If I could afford it, would buy brand new bias ply blackwall tires, they still look good in my books.

The tires were free, and are almost new, so will use em for a while. They are made by Kelly Springfield in the USA

Blackwalls on trucks, period, raised white letters ok on the muscle cars of the late 60's early 70's since they came from the factory that way.  white or black on cars

Blackwalls on stock trucks, thin white stripe on 60's & 70's cars, wide whites on 30's, 40' & 50's cars could be rough rule of a thumb...

Then again, depeds on the style the car is build or customized. Early 60's muscle car with Nascar style steel wheels looks great agressive with blackwalls.

I am in the same party with Deathbound, me I neither like raised white letter on anything. Matter of opinion, of course.

Lets be calm! Just a plain black or white issue :D

• Like 1

You didn't have to switch them for me!

ha? I switched them for Don Coatney, get in line Dave..............LOL oh oh, forgot Don likes the white lettering, it's the fuzzy dice he has an aversion to....double LOL

Edited by Fargos-Go-Far

Hey thanx , I think there okay, but these are Furd rims, and a little modern, but what the heck...

Meant the tires......will definitely look better on stock steel wheels.