B2B Nebraska rebuild

When I started this project a couple year ago I received a phone call from an older rancher (Jim Schneider) located 10 miles west of Tryon, NE. This would have to be close to where Pflaming grew up. He had seen the beginnings of my rebuild at the local Dodge dealership in Arnold, NE. He said he had a few old Dodge pickups himself and basically just wanted to visit for about an hour on the phone. I told him if I was ever over that way (about an hours drive) I would stop in. Yesterday I stopped in. Unfortunately he was not home but his daughter showed me around. The accompanying photos are only about a fourth of what was there. Another hour on the phone last night and I might have to make another trip to see some more of his collection. I just had to throw in the picture of the airplane for the hell of it.

post-5627-0-96371500-1419349575_thumb.jpg

post-5627-0-58372800-1419349602_thumb.jpg

post-5627-0-59772200-1419349636_thumb.jpg

post-5627-0-37847900-1419349671_thumb.jpg

post-5627-0-68311600-1419349764_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Yes for this project it was the right choice and I am completely satisfied.  The other option would be Pilothouse Interiors. Also not cheap but I have $775 in the complete kit from Quiet Ride.  From the literature and talking to John his kit would be more like the original and possibly not as durable but considerably higher quality and more money than Roberts.

Quiet Ride Solutions: Dodge 4853-T Firewall Insulator $234,  Dodge 4853-TH5W-PO 5-Window Headliner Kit $218,  Dodge 4853-TRCC Rear Cab Cover $140,   Dodge 4853-TSP Cowl Side Panel Set $72,   Dodge 4853-TDP Door Panel Set $109   

Edited by Larry Leibhart

I did not order the entire kit. $775 would have been three times what I paid for the truck. I asked, which pieces will give me the greatest sound and insulation benefit for the least amount of money. That was what I ordered. Can always add later. The material comes in January.

I covered the metal behind the panels with dynomat sound barrier, purchased by the roll from Speedway Motors, Inc. Lincoln NE.  I used considerably more than the strips in the Quiet Ride insulation kit.  However the cost under $500 was less than the small precut strips in Quiet Rides kit.

post-5627-0-52156400-1419515904_thumb.jpg

I ordered the firewall preformed panel then we figured out the square footage of the cab and I ordered that much material. I think my cost was around $25O. The only thing I dislike about my truck is the 'hum of the engine'. This and maybe an electric fan will significantly help. Getting very anxious to get Phoenix back on the street.

PS: I would have thought you would have painted it Nebraska red, driven it to a football game and sold it. Those Big Red Fans can get crazy! With a new coach, maybe they can do better than 9 & 2. It's embarassing to lose to WI, MN, OH, MI, badgers, wolverines, and the other rodents!!!! LOL

• Like 1

PS: I graduated from the University of Nebraska in 1980 along with my wife. Our 2 children both graduated from there, also. It is a prerequisite that if you live in NE you are a Husker fan. That being said I am not a true stark raving crazy, attend every game, fan. A new coach with some manners will be a blessing.