Where Did The Parts List Dissapear To??

greg g

The old site home page had a navigation to a fairly comprehensive parts list with numbers and with crossover to other likely vendors Like NAPA.  I can't seem to find it.  Looking for a number for the outer axle seals for P15.

Edited by greg g

I was looking for it as well. Have a printed copy says (NAPA) 17145 for front wheel seal. Does not specify inner or outer.

EDIT:  rear outer   napa 13797, other 13892

rear inner   napa 19773, other T7769S

EDIT 2: MoPar # shows as 668479.   17145=668479 at Rock Auto site

rear outer 651678      13797=651678  at Rock

rear inner 859164

Edited by shel_bizzy_48

Don't know where the old parts list is on this site, but I think I have most of that information in the database that drives the parts area of my web site: http://www.ply33.com/Parts/numeric Browse by parts book section or search by part name or part number.

For front wheel bearings and seals you'll be looking at http://www.ply33.com/Parts/group22#22-06-18

I looked at your list and it said see foot note 2 for p15 and I didn;t see the footnote.

Thanks Shel.

Should be able to click on the link.

Unless I've badly messed up the server side code, anything in the parts area that says "note n" where "n" is a number should be a link to the actual note information.

That one brought me right back to the same page.

Notes are on the same page as the link, just under each part type table. If I have information about the part(s) listed in the note then there will be a link to the/each part.

Since there is some confusion, I guess I did a poor job on the information presentation design. So I guess I had better come up with some improvements.

Out of curiousity, what specific part were you looking up? I'd like to look at how that was presented.

And if you have suggestions on how the parts and cross reference information could be better presented, I'd love to improve things.

Yes is the 5 13 whatever the part number or a code for a part number?

Yes, the 5-13-22 is a part type code. I guess I should make that a hyperlink too. The first part, before the first dash, is the parts group. 5 is for the service brakes. Here is the table for that: http://www.ply33.com/Parts/group5#5-13-22
If I've entered the data correctly, you are looking for Chrysler part number 859164: http://www.ply33.com/Parts/group5#859164
Looks like there is some question about the exact cross for that seal.
That note was copied directly from the '36-'48 parts book. Seems like the P14 and earlier had a bolt on seal with gasket so it was serviced as a kit while the P15 looks like it is a press in seal with no gasket. Don't know why they decided to change the listing from the rear axle group to the brake group, but my entries mirror the parts book for that.
I'll look into detecting a reference to a parts type code in the note text and see if I can make it a hyperlink to make that easier in the future.
Thank you for letting me know of a confusing aspect that I can work to improve.