Stomp Starter

Crawl under and use both hands!  Tell me the Floorboards aren't installed...Another hint don't forget to put the throttle linkage through the floorboard before securing the floorboards the cab.

Mounting the cab is a super key moment. Level the frame (as much as possible) thru measurements you can check the level and positioning of the cab on the frame.  Be sure to place the proper rubber baby buggy bumpers where they belong. Don't be afraid to use additional big washers to make up for the character of the truck in it's previous life, as there may be stretched metal on floor cab's floorpan on either the DS or PS front cab mounting points. (I think a weakness under-designed from the get go) In my opinion the cab should remain in mock-up until the front clip is placed. In my book "Zen and the interface between the cab and front clip"...(it's the line between the door and front fenders that count) So really the final tightening of the cab happens when the doors are mounted and the front clip positioning is "tuned" to as close as possible. There should be a straight reveal along the rear side of the fenders where they meet the cab. This is another one of those jobs that should take as long as possible  o.k. I've said enough. ..

Let the fun Begin!

Hank  :)

P.S. and remember where the foot starter lands on the starter lever is the target. 

Edited by HanksB3B
  • Like 1

Thanks Guy's;

It wasn't too big a deal to mount the stomp starter when the cab was off the frame. :D

It is on now along with the bed.......got some shimming to do.......but it will be alright. Will fine tune later. Now the priority is to get it ready and see how it moves and stops under it's own power. I am very anxious to try the fluid drive/clutch/4 speed and my 4 wheel disc brakes for the first time. The engine runs really well so hopefully the rest of the drive train will behave too. That's my hope anyway.....................

Jeff

it was really easy w/o the floor boards as well  :P

Oh yes....... I put a few items in that seemed easier at that stage........ like the cowl vent.

It feels good to put stuff back together for a change. Wont be too long and that beautiful heater you did will go in along with the fresh air kit. Yes, yes, yes...... rubbing my hands together in anticipation.

Jeff

• Like 1

Is there supposed to be a pad on the starter arm as well as on the stomper arm? And if so, what does it look like... mine is just a plain arm with a hole in it. It works, kinda sorta, but seems like it is missing something... that based on the corrosion/dirt/gunk build up has been gone for decades.