Still need pistons

You were at harbor freight tools? I'm pretty sure there's only 1 near minneapolis and its about a mile from my house! Next time let me know you're around.

Two locations now, one north (near you) and one off Robert in West Saint Paul.

I try not to go to often, I bring home a bunch of stuff I don't really need, but it's such a good deal!

HUGE thanks to Mad Dog Racing on Ebay for setting me up with a new set of pistons, they came into Minot on Friday picked them up yesterday with about another $300 in goodies for the shop and just finished putting them all in...

I'll be buying from them again...they went way above and beyond to make me happy....I wonder if they can do anything with my wife?

LMAO

Well I'm getting somewhat close....this took 4 solid days...ok maybe a little messing around but I am on holidays....now maybe next week I'll finish it up and be back on the road

Now lets see who can pick out my BRILLIANT CUSTOM ADD-ON!! :P

post-6898-13585363015217_thumb.jpg

post-6898-13585363015872_thumb.jpg

post-6898-1358536301651_thumb.jpg

post-6898-13585363017378_thumb.jpg

Water pump looks kinda long.

• 2 weeks later...

SHE'S DONE!!!...ok well what I mean is I'm back to cruising down the highway in my 50 PH, and it feels great! That t-5 swap is a no brainer...makes the truck very highway worthy...or grinding gears in town, and now 65 MPH is 2100 RPM vs. 3000 before with the old 4 speed. That 251 I rebuilt has nice power too for an old flathead...took it for a maiden voyage of 50 miles and worked great...now there's only 1 car show left locally to show it off...better get scrubbin!

Nice looking Engine and tranny. What are the gear ratios of your T-5?

Would have to look it up again, but 5th is deffinately an overdrive although first is really short...almost easier to start and go in 2nd

Took it to town again tonight... Was amazed how well my high beams are.. I think my old dimmer switch was lowering the power to them, last year they were horrible and that's the only part I changed in the system

Wish mine was that far along. My "new" 230 is still sitting on a trailer in the orchard. Front clip is still on the truck and the 218 with the busted rings is still in the engine bay.

Works good as a hose holder, drape it over the mirror, fender mounted signals and across the bumper guards. Haven't hit the hose with the mower yet!

I've kinda given up on mine for now. My daily driver is consuming a ton of cash and time with computer issues. I really hate EFI and electronic ignition...