well worth the money wood is where its at.

michael.warshaw

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plymouth-Super-Deluxe-Wagon-1948-PLYMOUTH-WOODY-Woodie-Restored-/250820576114?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a66124372

i was talking toa friend of mine at a car show this weekend and he was telling me the sotry of him buying his 1937 dodge 30 years ago, he paid 1000 for it.

were all these old mopars super cheap years ago?

Pretty much cheaper on most models.

The Fords and Chevys have usually commanded a bit more money than

Mopars over the years.

I think this wagon has been for sale for a while......I remember the thing about it belonging to a

girls' school, etc. The seller calls it a Super Deluxe (which I believe is a Ford name).......it should

be a Special Deluxe. Unfortunately, for buyers, the wood cars have gotten really high (I M H O).

129009525921.jpg

Edited by BobT-47P15

In 1992 I bought a 54 Buick woodie (off a pond bank) for the princely sum of $50. Bought their neighbor lady's 33 Willys coupe (parked since 1943) for another $100. Drug it out of a chicken coop. Can go pick up a 37 International drag line equipped 2 ton anytime I want, for free. Bought 3 49 Hudsons, including a former Daytona beach racer, for under a grand. My 69 D-100 V8/auto was under a grand.

Just have to know where to look, not be afraid to get dirty, and be honest with them.

That Plymouth is nice, too nice. Probably going back into a museum for that kind of money. I've never understood that.

60,000 thousand dollars starting bid??????????????? Does he know that were in a recession?????????? Well I guess there are a few lucky soles out there that have that kind of extra money to toss around but most of us bottom feeders haft to kind of watch our coins into days world. :eek:

Jim, I figured I had answered this at some point in the past so I did a search and it came up under drooping door handles. This was my post and solution.

"I had that problem with my '38 Chrylser when I restored it and it always bothers me when I see a nice car with droopy handles. My solution was to take the mechanism out of the door and where the spring is attached at on the mechanism you can push it forward and put in some little stoppers. I used small square bits of inner tube. The number of pieces you need depends on the amount of droop. That was my solution but is does involve removing the door mechanism."

They used to droop quite badly but as can be seen they are good now.

IMG_0176.jpg

38andBridge.jpg

Edited by RobertKB

Jim, I figured I had answered this at some point in the past so I did a search and it came up under drooping door handles. This was my post and solution.

"I had that problem with my '38 Chrylser when I restored it and it always bothers me when I see a nice car with droopy handles. My solution was to take the mechanism out of the door and where the spring is attached at on the mechanism you can push it forward and put in some little stoppers. I used small square bits of inner tube. The number of pieces you need depends on the amount of droop. That was my solution but is does involve removing the door mechanism."

They used to droop quite badly but as can be seen they are good now.

IMG_0176.jpg

38andBridge.jpg

Robert, that is one beautiful car you have!!!