dual carters

stewdecky

I thought you guys would like to see some pics of my Dual Carter BB set up. I just got it installed today and will get the exhaust done tommorrow. Charlie @ Rusty Hope did my manifolds and did a wonderful job, I would reccommend him if you are going this direction. My linkage was from George Ashse and the install was fairly straight forward. The info i recieved from you guys and doing searchs on this sight made it a lot eaisier for me. What a great forum.

post-7445-13585360123533_thumb.jpg

post-7445-13585360123945_thumb.jpg

post-7445-13585360124261_thumb.jpg

Stewdecky

Looks good, are those aircleaners of your own design?

Do you have any pics of your A/C condensor bracket? I will be installing my A/C along with a new 230 shortly and will need to fab a bracket. Will be running a finned aluminum head so can't really run a bracket off the head bolts like the stock bracket that was on the 57 Plymouth 230 I bought, but at least I have the dual pulleys now.

Repeating what the others have said, looks nice.......and where did those aircleaners come from???.......thanks, andyd

I can't see where your throttle linkage is coming from....looks almost like its coming from the back of the engine. Can I ask you to post a picture of the linkage??

The engine, btw, looks awesome.

48D

I'm glad you like my air cleaners. I teach Industrial Tech. Classes in the High School and we do a little aluminium casting. They are a home made styrofoam investment cast of my design cast in aluminium. They are a little pitted when you look close but i thought they turned out nice. The bases are Mr. Gasket #1419. The linkage for the throttle is a standard46 dodge truck linkage with linkage setup from George Ashse for the carbs. It bolts over the bell housing to get it on the left side of the engine campartment so really tough to get a pic.

post-7445-13585360133618_thumb.jpg

I will have to think this over as they are time consuming and sometime you spend a lot of time making the styrofoam mold and then the casting does't turn out and then you are back to making another mold. What would it be worth to you guys?? did you notice the ram head block off plate on the original carb mount?

post-7445-13585360137632_thumb.jpg

It's your time - you tell us how much you're willing to do it for - I have no idea how much effort that is, but it's very nice work - even if it is pitted like you said - it's custom. No I didn't notice the ram head, but that's real nice too. Put a dollar figure out there - we're either interested or not.

Also to answer you request for the air conditioner pics. This bracket is a home made bracket that bolts down to the top of the head bolts so i don't know if it will work for an finned head.

I just had an epiphany - I will use the head bolts with the drilled and tapped head for attaching the battery ground. Bolt the bracket to the headbolt and it will hopefully clear the fins on the head.

I just had an epiphany - I will use the head bolts with the drilled and tapped head for attaching the battery ground. Bolt the bracket to the headbolt and it will hopefully clear the fins on the head.

You could use studs, and get the extra long ones for the bracket. I got mine through VPW.

It would probably take $75 a piece to do the air cleaner tops and you could buy the Mr. Gasket air breathers to put them on and that would be made to your specs and sanded and polished the best I can. If you didn't like them you could send them back and i would refund your money. What do you think? I am not a pro.

It would probably take $75 a piece to do the air cleaner tops and you could buy the Mr. Gasket air breathers to put them on and that would be made to your specs and sanded and polished the best I can. If you didn't like them you could send them back and i would refund your money. What do you think? I am not a pro.

I would like (2)....one with DODGE and the other with 251 on them. PM me if you can do them.