vacuum advance

stewdecky

Hi guys,

My first post so here goes. I have a '46 Dodge WC pickup with a 218 flathead. I currently am in the process of installing a George Asche dual set-up using Rusty Hope manifolds. All info I picked up on this foroum. It is AWESOME! My problem now is where to find a new Vacuum Advance for my Auto-Lite IAP-4103A-1 distributor. Anyone know any venders who might have one?? Would I be smart to just buy an electronic HEI from Tom Landgon??

I'd say you'd be better off to either get your vacuum advance rebuilt or what I plan to do for my next pickup is adapt a /6 electronic dist. Lets see pictures of your truck-I have a 46 WC also.

You might wat to check out distributors on ebay. They are all interchangeable as long as they are for the correct block lenght. and you might be able to pick up a good one for less that rebuilding the advance or replacing it.

I am running a 54 Truck dist. in my 56 plymouth engine. There are slight differences in the advance curves but you would be hard pressed to notice them in a running engine.

Here is an NOS one, little pricey but a drop in and go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1941-42-DODGE-PLYMOUTH-1941-42-46-47-DODGE-TRUCK-DIST-/380315770814?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item588c961fbe

most of the used are about half that.

Thanks guys, great info. How do i contact Terrell Machine Shop?

His contact information is listed in the links section of the main webpage supporting this forum. If you have not read all the information on the main webpage you should do so as answers to many of your questions can be found there..

You can find this webpage by clicking on "Return to P15-D24.com" above