P15-D24 club plague

Uncle-Pekka

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This lady is already making licence plate toppers in a crest shape. I have one on my Jeep and P15. The logo is stuck on. I think she would be willing to work w/ us in putting a design on her frames.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TEXACO-LICENSE-PLATE-TOPPER-/170559922250?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b629e04a

This lady is already making licence plate toppers in a crest shape. The logo is stuck on. I think she would be willing to work w/ us in putting a design on her frames.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TEXACO-LICENSE-PLATE-TOPPER-/170559922250?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b629e04a

Thanks Captain - However, those are just pieces of sheet metal with a sticker on. What I had in my mind was a heavy cast plaque...

Been busy lately with work, thus no progress. When making the cast model, it would be a great help to use 3D letter patterns.

Any suggestions where one could find "loose letters"?

I can duplicate (or "clone") shapes in resin cast, but would like to find a pattern for each digit in a nice font for starters.

• 4 months later...

Mark,

Not... ...yet. I've been awfully busy in my work this winter.

Now when spring is coming I have to spend all possibly available freetime to get the cars on the road for summer again... oh, and the family, of course...

thus this "project" may be postponed to next winter.

However I still intend to try on this idea.

B.r.,

Pekka

When this thread surfaced last year Imade an inquiry to a company that does this work...here is the meat of the message they sent me...

here's some pricing for you - for 5" x 9" rectangular size plaques, there's a one time setup fee of $100 and then the price for 100 plaques would be $16 each as cast or $21 each if you have us paint and belt sand them. Shipping for the order is a flat $30. Lead time is 4-6 weeks.

add in to the 21.00 per tag cost of the set up fee and then again a few extra bucks for shipping from whoever took this project on..you probably looking at minimum 28-30 dollars each...then we still have the copyright issue of design and could you use the P15/D24 in the script due to the origins of this webpage..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I am embrased to admit, that the crest project has not proceed much.

I made the plywood frame, but haven't found suitable patterns for the lettering...

I have not given this up yet, though...

Meanwhile I printed a T-shirt using similar pattern.

This prototype was painted with Humbrol-enamel

img2717n.jpg

img2718o.jpg

You want to check with the webmaster before continuing. There might be some copywrite considerations deal with.

I'm not planning to sell the shirts...

God forbid if I will ever have patience to paint more than half a dozen for my own use...

However, please let me know if P12 or D24 is owned by someone else other but the Chrysler Corp,.

Long live the Great Chrysler Flatheads Engines and memory of Walter Percy C.!

Edited by Uncle-Pekka

Just thought I'd add my "count me in" to the fray.

I don't understand the copyright problem. Is someone suggesting that P 15 - P 24 is copy written?

Remember the P 38?

PPK

PS 17

PDQ

Could we be pulled over for copy write infringement if we displayed the license plate topper?

Interesting.

Just thought I'd add my "count me in" to the fray.

I don't understand the copyright problem. Is someone suggesting that P 15 - P 24 is copy written?

Remember the P 38?

PPK

PS 17

PDQ

Could we be pulled over for copy write infringement if we displayed the license plate topper?

Interesting.

I don't think you could because Plymouth is no longer in business.

Just another idea:

Would the webmaster be interested to print a batch of T-shirts and sell them here to raise funds for the forum, I will be glad to give the graphic in any required format (and also gladly will purchase another shirt!)

I suppose there are bunch of services, who will print such simple one-color graphic at economic rate... Providing the amount would be big enough (20...30pcs would sell in no time?)

<a  href=http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/5180/dia1p.jpg' alt='dia1p.jpg'>

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]