High Pitched Rubbing sound during acceleration and sometimes idling...

fedoragent

Thanks Mack;

Is the skinny belt number you posted the same length as the original fat belt? And do you know the length?

Folks,

Im travelling for business so I apologize for not responding sooner. Our alternators are the same but your bracket is better than mine. The belt isn't the same length as the fat belt. It is home so when I get back, I can measure it for you.

FG

Folks,

Im travelling for business so I apologize for not responding sooner. Our alternators are the same but your bracket is better than mine. The belt isn't the same length as the fat belt. It is home so when I get back, I can measure it for you.

FG

Thanks;

If I recall (and that is asking a lot of my feeble brain) my skinny belt is the same length as the original fat belt. I sure wish I had recorded the belt number when I installed it. But I believe I still have the fat belt hanging on a hook in my shop.

Thanks;

If I recall (and that is asking a lot of my feeble brain) my skinny belt is the same length as the original fat belt. I sure wish I had recorded the belt number when I installed it. But I believe I still have the fat belt hanging on a hook in my shop.

the skinny belt in the picture is the same exact lenght as the fat belt only difference is the width of the belt. the belt has a length stamp on the box...but i do not have it with me as it belongs to fedoragent and he is out of town.... but i can get you the lenght possibly by wednesday if you need it Don.

the skinny belt in the picture is the same exact lenght as the fat belt only difference is the width of the belt. the belt has a length stamp on the box...but i do not have it with me as it belongs to fedoragent and he is out of town.... but i can get you the lenght possibly by wednesday if you need it Don.

Wednesday is fine thank you. I am looking to buy a spare. Once I buy it I will install it and use my existing belt as a spare. I just dont want to toss a belt while on a road trip and not have something with me to get going again.

no problem Don, i will report back in two days...I do have a question for the forum...Im trying to put his new belt on. i know about the flat spot to slip the belt under, but it seems like there is two flat spots but I stiill dont get enough clearance.i think all his motor mounts are worn out, i removed my belt and slip it off with no problems... i will try to use my jack to lift up his engine in the front a little bit. any other tricks on how to do this?:confused:

Edited by mackster

Put a board under the front edeg of the oil pan to spread the weight then jact it up carefully with a scissors or floor jack. You should get eough room to install the belt.

Thanks! thats the only way that I thought it could be done. i will do it Wednesday.:)

Thanks! The wide belt I have hanging on my garage wall measures 49 3/8" +/- 1/8". I will use the number you posted above and buy a replacement.

ask them to double check me when you buy it. what i did, which is not a scientific method, is to pull both of the belts side by side..it looks to be the same size and the thicker belt is stamp 49 3/8" i was in a hurry to help Fedoragent to get his car moving! it was sitting for a while!!!!:)

ask them to double check me when you buy it. what i did, which is not a scientific method, is to pull both of the belts side by side..it looks to be the same size and the thicker belt is stamp 49 3/8" i was in a hurry to help Fedoragent to get his car moving! it was sitting for a while!!!!:)

I bought the new belt today but have not yet installed it.

• 2 weeks later...