Anyone try these disc brake adapters ?

aero3113

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don, wish I had the time to worry about trivial stuff

Geez I wish I also had time to worry about trivial stuff. Glad you will never have worry about such a trival thing as me endorsing your product as that will not happen. Of course my trivial endorsment is too trivial to matter to you.:D Good luck!

....."close enough for government work" is as far from the truth as it can get ...

Ever called in artillery or a air strike? There are times when "close enough" has some real meaning.

Guess what? your not - so your opinion does not matter to me. dezeldoc and rollies's opinion however does matter to me because they ARE my customers.

You had my sympathy until I read the above,which seemed a little cold. Then I read your other posts that shows you do have concern for your customers,and what you posted above isn't exactly what you meant to say. I THINK you meant it in a "My customers opinions come first" way instead of the way it reads.

I think the problem is you came to this thread with a little bit of a attitude because you thought your product,and maybe even you personally were getting slammed for no good reason. I think most of us would have at least a little bit of that attitude ourselves if it were us being mentioned. Then you made that awkward post about not caring what others think,and it just went downhill from there.

The good news is that this seems to be the best and friendliest board on the entire damn internet,and if you stick around for a while this will blow over as people see they may have gotten the wrong impression about you and your business.

And yes,working with the public CAN be a major pain in the Obama.

You aren't gonna buy a Rustyhope kit so why should I waste my time???

I said my piece.

You just don't get it.

You're dodging the question so I will spell it out for you. What inner bearing is spec'd out for the Rustyhope kit? If it is the A6 bearing, there is a real mismatch issue verified by Timken - not this whining about marketing nonsense.

knuckleharley - as a hockey defenceman I have no issue giving chirpers the lumber - same with business: I do my best for my customers.

"Guess what? your not - so your opinion does not matter to me. dezeldoc and rollies's opinion however does matter to me because they ARE my customers."

I can but it does not matter to you because I'm not, and never will be, your customer.

YOU seem to be the one with all the reasons why Charlies kit is inferior. Stand behind your accusations with FACTS. Like a failure of the kit.

DIFFERENT is not inferior.

I'll repeat the statement that I'm a happy and satisfied Rustyhope customer and I'll also state that I'd never do business with you.

That's my last contribution to this thread.

Good luck to you and your business.

...........................................30.......................................................

YOU seem to be the one with all the reasons why Charlies kit is inferior. Stand behind your accusations with FACTS. Like a failure of the kit.I'll repeat the statement that I'm a happy and satisfied Rustyhope customer and I'll also state that I'd never do business with you.

That's my last contribution to this thread. Good luck to you and your business.

I KNEW you'd turtle. :P

Facts? no problem. Charlie - if you are following this post, the A17 race/A6 cone bearing combination have different inclusive angles, about a 5th of a degree difference - so the combination will have accelerated wear according to an inquiry of ours to Timken engineering. Even though when fitted together they seem to match - they are different series bearings. Note how the A6 cone sets deeper into the race than a A17 cone. This is why we went through the trouble and expense to CNC a set of 4140 moly steel bushings to adapt the A17 bearing to the original spindle.

I KNEW you'd turtle. :P

Facts? no problem. Charlie - if you are following this post, the A17 race/A6 cone bearing combination have different inclusive angles, about a 5th of a degree difference - so the combination will have accelerated wear according to an inquiry of ours to Timken engineering. Even though when fitted together they seem to match - they are different series bearings. Note how the A6 cone sets deeper into the race than a A17 cone. This is why we went through the trouble and expense to CNC a set of 4140 moly steel bushings to adapt the A17 bearing to the original spindle.

As an engineer, this is the information that I think should have been in the very first post, as well as your advertising. This is the info that potential customers will use to decide what kit to buy.

Defend yourself with factual information and loose the hurt feelings crap. Design the best product you can and then stand behind the design rational.

....and yes, the sound of artillery, land or sea based, whistling over head, as well as the sound of an F-4 on 'final', and "close enough" works very well.

• 1 year later...

Scarebird, I just finished installing your kit on my 48 P15 CC. Road side went on smoth, curbside did not. Had problems with caliper fitment, had to grind pad down, rotor hits bottom spindal bolts, both of them, lightly. I'll need to remove the rotor and take another look and see what I can do. Additionally, I need to adjust toe on the front end, expected, but not completed yet. I had received a heads up from you re the thickness of the pads and had NAPA repalce my pads with your recommended. All parts were as you recommended. I am concerned with the fit on the curb side but don't see how I can move rotor out w/o impacting the caliper, which had to have the outside pad ground down significantly, to fit. Any suggestions??:confused:

QUESTION,,

i curently have a master power disc conversion,11 inch chevelle rotors,GM calipers,,spindles re worked by master power,,,all done before i bought the car,,

preveious owner had made a master cyl bracket that was in an incorrect position,,,( not enough drop for pivot position on pedal push rod) now corrected,,,but may need new pads,,not stopping as well as it should,,,car in storage at the moment,,,

since it uses a GM bolt pattern,,YUK,, i currently run 2 different rim bolt patterns,,but have dual pattern rims,,,i may want to change at some point and dont want to carrry 2 spares,,,so heres my QUESTION,,,,whos brake kit offers mopar/ford bolt pattern ???? i have a stock set of spindles comming just incase i rework the brake kit,,,,or should i just redrill the GM rotors for a 4 1/2 bolt pattern,,,,????? i have not removed them to look inside to see if this can be done.,,,i also am going to install fat man dropped up rights,and eaton coil springs made the the fat man up rights THANKS in advance DON

Well i stopped working on the 50 for a while and now i am back on it and the rotors have a light coat of rust from sitting and after moving it around(pushing) without applying the brakes the right pad is hitting on the bottom 1/2" of the rotor and on the left it is hitting on the upper half of the rotor. oh yeh the caliper on the right side sits cockeyed. i ain't to pleased with this kit. Mark if you are reading this what do you suggest i do with this? i will be waiting for your response as the car should be on the road in the next week.

Well folks this goes to show his customer support, as i stated earlier he has NO support just excuses!! Gramps if you want i will make you a heck of a deal on my scarebird kit, i think i am going to pull it off and get one of Charlies kits like i should have done in the first place. also anytime i have provided my car or parts of it to a vendor to make a part for it that they were going to add to their catalog i would receive mine for free, not have to pay for it.

Dez,not that this solves your problem---when Mark did up my set up for the 52 Windsor, we went back and forth with pics and I sent him the whole front spindle. The first set had a small issue and after more pics and measurements he came up with solution and the kit works super---all for free. I mentioned it back in the thread.........to bad this couldn`t get resloved---I think Mark came on a little strong on some of his comments but he treated me well. Hope your project goes well from now on.......Lee