A question about a hubcap.

The Swede

Hello Everyone!

Found this forum yesterday and I sat the hole night just reading......

So now I am a registred user.

I´ll hope you guys can understand my english.

Didn´t spend to much time in school when a could spend my time in the garage.

I´ll suffer for that now.

Gonna be a lot of questions from me I think.

Just bought me a 47 Dodge Custom in pretty fair drivable condition.

I also own a 50 Chrysler windsor wich is in really bad shape.

All rusted up and on top of that a ex-friend of mine had an accident with it last year.

Yes that is why he´s an EX-friend....

Okej enough talking obout myself... I´m just so exited to find a page for people with the same interest as me!

I´ll start of with a little question about hubcaps.

When I bougt my D-24 the original tires law in the trunk.

So did also the hubcaps.

When I was in the garage last night I tried to polish the hubcaps because they didn´t look to good.

To my suprise all 4 hubcaps didn´t look the same.

Three of them did but the fourth looked like this:

Full.jpg

So I wonder what applicaton this hubcap is for.

I mean, the text on it don´t even say dodge.

But it´s the same size as the others.

Anyone who recognizes this hubcap?

Thank you!

/Jimmy

Guest rockabillybassman

Welcome to the board Jimmy. Your English is way better than my Swedish. Come to think of it, I dont know any Swedish. :D

My stepson lives in Stockholm, and we are going to visit him in July 2009.

I have a couple of the plymouth version that say plymmmmth. Some reason though they still have the ship so I guess they got away with that piece. I've also seen dodge ones that said doooe.

I've also seen dodge ones that said doooe.

Well, actually it says "3OOOE", not even DOOOE...

I have also a couple of them after market hub caps in my garage here across the Gulf of Bothnia. However, I do not bother them being not correct. I find them very amusing and intend to keep it that way unless I'll come across a set of immaculate caps at bargain price (not very likely, eh?).

Hi Swede! - welcome to the net-brotherhood of flat head Mopar buffs. You will find this forum very usefull and most fun past time!

Greetings from Finland!

-en finne igen

hi swede. with aftermarket items they are not permitted to use the NAME of the corp. OR a logo. the image of the ship, by itself however, is generic.

and the caps now made in china have an obvious mis-spelling. but it looks the same in a flash!!!

welcome send a pic of sweden!!!

claybil 41 plymouths

Bill the ones I have are period repros probably from the 50s. I suspect his wanna be dodge one is the same. No china made stuff back then. However they are still doing this. My dakota now has wheels with a little black center cap and the repro ones are missing the little dodge ram head from the middle.

Thank you for all the answers!

Now I know a little more about hubcabs that´s for sure!

dodgepu1946:

Yes it looks like my cap is a old one.

Can´t find made in China anywhere on it :)

So I think it has been around for a while.

claybill:

I´m gonna take some pictures of old mopars I see here in sweden when the summer comes.

Right now the weather is to bad to see anything beautiful out on the streets.

Full.jpg

This picture is taken a week ago when I bought my Dodge.

A lot of snow but the picture is taken way up in the north of Sweden.

Down here in Stockholm there is no snow and no polarbears on the street either :)

rockabillybassman:

Yes but knowing how to speak swedish wouldn´t take you far in the world :)

Welcome to Sweden in 2009!, Is it your first visit?

Hope you bring a big travelbag with moparparts! =)

If you need to travel around town in style just give me a call!

enfinneigen:

Hello Neighbor!

Nice with some more scandinavians here in the forum.

In fact I have some finnish roots.

My grandmother is finnish so my mother is half finnish.

And what does it make me.... 1/4 finnish or something like that.

Can´t speak the language thought.

Just some words.

And thank you all again for your answers!

I really feel welcomed to this forum!

/Jimmy

I never knew about the reproduction hubcaps. Interesting. Swede, your Dodge looks to be in pretty good shape, congratulations.

Speaking of languages, in school all my friends took Spanish "because it's easy". I took German, because I have German ancestry and I thought it might be a handy language to know. Now I live in Southern California where German is a lost language and Spanish is the one to know. Oh well...

Welcome to the forum. If your Chrysler is in bad shape, have you given any thought to swapping the Chrysler engine into the Dodge??? Look for member Fred's V8 shop. Fred is in the Netherlands and has installed a Chrysler Industrial engine into his Plymouth coupe. I does take some work because the Chrysler engine is longer but it is doable with some inginuity.

Take a look through the members list. I believe there are 4 or 5 folks on the board from Scandanavian countries. I am always amazed by the amount of American iron on the roads over there.

Welcome, Swede.

My family traces it's roots back to Norway.....last name Toft.

On my computer here at work, can not see the picture, only get a red X.

Maybe it will work on the computer at home.

As you can see, there are lots of friendly and helpful guys on this

forum. So stick around and enjoy.:)

I never knew about the reproduction hubcaps. Interesting. Swede, your Dodge looks to be in pretty good shape, congratulations.

Speaking of languages, in school all my friends took Spanish "because it's easy". I took German, because I have German ancestry and I thought it might be a handy language to know. Now I live in Southern California where German is a lost language and Spanish is the one to know. Oh well...

WELCOME SWEDE! (Jimmy) glad you found this place, you remind me of how happy I was when I found this place and heard that some of them like NORMSPEED lived close by! :D

and Norm, a day late a dollar short aint that our life story! :D

Thanks Mack. Looks like I'll be seeing your car on the street before too long. I'm lucky to be within cruising distance of yourself, Rob Smith, 47Heaven, Mikemaker, Mr. Belvedere, Bob Amos, 1941Dodge, Tony C...

It's great to see how international this forum is, and how it hooks up Mopar "neighbors" all over the world.