Another One Gone

I was just looking around for a kit to modify my exhaust manifold to run a second pipe, when I was directed to the Rusty Hope site.  Looking through, I was unable to find what I was looking for (darn!), BUT in reading through the site, he too will be shutting down operations.  

This sucks!  While I have not used him before, it just adds to the list of businesses and resources lost.  So far this year, off the top of my head, we lost Vic’s Dodge Garage, Scarebird, and now Rusty Hope!

• Sad 2

Plymouth Doctor, too, for the car guys. I think, whether car or truck guys, if you have a future project, start ordering now. The future for future projects may be now. 

Edited by RobertKB
  • Like 1

What happens to the design & production rights for these things when the inventor passes away?  If the family does not plan to continue any production, perhaps the drawings could be shared publicly, or purchased by a (hopefully) younger business owner.  In my own business, I have created drawings for our products, and have the parts made at a local steel shop that has computer-controlled turrent punches, and producing them for me in quantities of only 20 to 30 assemblies.  (They also have robot lasers & welders, but they only do the programming for the welders on large quantity items.)

5 hours ago, RobertKB said:

Plymouth Doctor, too, for the car guys. I think, whether car or truck guys, if you have a future project, start ordering now. The future for future projects may be now. 

News to me!  Sorry to hear about that, I had a few things I was looking to order for my Chrysler…eventually.  Looks like I waited too long!

57 minutes ago, nonstop said:

News to me!  Sorry to hear about that, I had a few things I was looking to order for my Chrysler…eventually.  Looks like I waited too long!

Apparently he died last December according to the POC (Plymouth Owners Club).

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2023 at 10:02 AM, Young Ed said:

Just saw on Facebook scarebird has been purchased and is starting up operations again 

Looks that way, from their website;

Screenshot_20230421_183154_Chrome.jpg.7f2dd7017eda49106f628dcf9f926079.jpg