tunes for car shows (OT?)

Niel Hoback

I was in a Hallmark store today and found "birthday card" CD's for each year from 1930 to 1990. Each CD has 20 top tunes from that particular year. They are $13 each and would be nice to play at a show.

I suggest the 1944 and 1945 to get three Spike jones tunes!

Here's one for you. How about the old radio shows that were played as main entertainment just as television is today? One of my hobbies is collecting vintage radios and old radio shows is a natural extension of that. I have well over 10,000 old time radio shows. They are on CDs in MP3 format. There are many radios that can play the MP3 CDs and if you have one installed in your car they can be played through your radio inside sounding just as the radio did all those years ago. David Maxwell has a modern radio with MP3 hidden nicely in his glove box. I know of a number of other guys that have the same. Also, an FM converter installed in the car with an XM radio will play music of the 40's through todays music. All on their own dedicated station. My 53 Cranbrook has its original 6 volt system and radio. An FM converter has been modified to fit in the glove box and I can play my XM through it. I generally use the 50's station as well as the 40's. Sounds right at home there.

Here's one for you. How about the old radio shows that were played as main entertainment just as television is today? One of my hobbies is collecting vintage radios and old radio shows is a natural extension of that. I have well over 10,000 old time radio shows. They are on CDs in MP3 format. There are many radios that can play the MP3 CDs and if you have one installed in your car they can be played through your radio inside sounding just as the radio did all those years ago. David Maxwell has a modern radio with MP3 hidden nicely in his glove box. I know of a number of other guys that have the same. Also, an FM converter installed in the car with an XM radio will play music of the 40's through todays music. All on their own dedicated station. My 53 Cranbrook has its original 6 volt system and radio. An FM converter has been modified to fit in the glove box and I can play my XM through it. I generally use the 50's station as well as the 40's. Sounds right at home there.

bob how did you do that? wire the fm modulator to pick up on am?

I play anything I want through my AM Modulator to my stock tube radio on 6 volt positive ground.

I use XM for old radio shows and for the 1940's stuff. I use an Ipod for things in my clay and vinyl collection. I use a CD player (battery) for the CD stuff. It all plays through my magic box.

James

• 2 weeks later...