How do you change the dome light?

47heaven

All good answers for changing your dome light bulb. However' date=' you need help doing it. It actually takes 3 City Workers, 4 County Workers, 5 State Workers and 10 Supervisors to do the job right.:D[/quote']

Man, Norm...I hope they cam all fit in that back seat at one time. We might have to take to roof off for this one. ;)

Right.......the lense and frame are one unit. Clips that pop into the base with bulb on the ceiling. Should somewhat resemble this one.

55d2_1.JPG

I hope that this bulb doesn't burn out to often. I can just see me ripping the new headliner when it's installed. Not the pest design on Plymouth's part.

Guest Paul G (Dr Vinyl)
Man' date=' Norm...I hope they cam all fit in that back seat at one time. We might have to take to roof off for this one. ;)[/quote']

Actually, it only takes one to do the work, the rest stand around and watch while being propped up with shovels, rakes or brooms. :) I know because I've witnessed it. :D

Actually, it only takes one to do the work, the rest stand around and watch while being propped up with shovels, rakes or brooms. :) I know because I've witnessed it. :D

I heard that Grainger was coming out with a shovel that will stand up by it's self. That'll put a lot of municipality workers out of work :D

okay...as I had already mentioned...it came out quite well. Took the glass ot and shined up the bezel (or was that benzel ;) ) Anyway...glass cleaned up quite well and now it looks like brand new. Just have to get a 12 volt bulb for it tomorrow and she'll be ready for the 6-12v switch over.

BTW...the bulb that came out of it looked fairly big. I assume that it throws out a lot of light???

myPlymouthPics00052.jpg

Are you also changing out the bulb mount for the 12volt bulb or making modifications to the original so it will accept a 12 volt bulb? Otherwords what are you doing to make the swap work since the 6 and 12 volt bulbs have differant placed slots on the ends?

Ed;

Single element six and twelve volt bulbs will work in the same socket.

make sure you use the dimmer of the 12v single element bulbs. Don't think you want to stick a stop/signal lamp in ther too bright and too hot. think the part number is 6411 not the 1157 for the signal stop application. T 84 might work (liscence plate)