New to me. 1949 Dodge Job Rated truck

It was a lazy afternoon. Lunch was over. Morning motorcycle ride done. Decided to scan CL. First page nothing. Second page. 1949 Truck. Hey dad look at this. We looked at the PICS. I said "Im going to call him". It turns out the truck is 10 miles away. Dad and I jump in the truck and went to look at it. It was what was advertised.

Back story on us. We have restored many cars in the past. My dad owned a restoration business so I got to work on a lot of them. He is getting up in age. 80 and I'm 57.

He drives a restored 1961 Studebaker Lark almost everyday. I said we need another truck. I looked at Fords and Chevys but he restored a 5 window Dodge truck when I was in HS and I never forgot it.

We are going to keep it original. It is a three owner truck. They guy I bought it off of only had it a year. His plans changed so my gain.

About the truck. Looks to be all there. Floor boards are rusted out. Bed wood is gone. Windows need replacing. Gas tank gone.  Good bones to work from. So when I get it home I will post pics.

Looking for parts and advice along the way.

Albert

welcome...PICTURES!

There are several places for parts, I advise doing a forum search (there is a helpful sticky on how to) as your first pass.

Welcome!

1948-49 are identical except for the paperwork.

Back in the day, registration was based on the sale date...i.e.  if a 1948/49 truck was sold in 1950 it was registered as a 1950 truck.

the is true of the opposite as well....i.e. a 1950 sold in 1949 is registered as a 1949 truck.

Many trucks have had this fixed over the last 70 years, but some still have this "error".   

1948/49 have a floor pull drive line brake....1950 has an under dash T-handle pull drive line brake.

1948-49-50 all have the same grille and body lines.

Some might say that the 1950 Dodge Pilot House Truck is the best, out of all the dodge trucks ever built.

Then again some might say that its just me saying that,  but we can't be sure, because the voices in my head all have names and I believe they

know what their talking about. :D

48D

• Thanks 1