really different strokes.

casper50

Okay I understand the different strokes thing.  But, can anyone come up with a reason why he cut the fenders that way?  Ease of access to the engine?  Total removal of cancerous metal? My favorite at the moment is "Hey look at me".

The big block with long rams likely necessitated that cut....the inner fenders for sure would have to go.  As I found fitting the 383 in the 41 (same sheet metal) there entailed extensive inner fender massaging.  Simple hanging of the power steering pump and alternator would not allow stock inner fenders. The nose tapers fast on these cars as those that have fitted any V8 or V6 in these bodies quickly find out.  Without a tape to pull and the appearance of extensive front frame work (can you say clip) and absence of firewall massage with the install of the big block suggest that the front fender would not meet up to the cowl.  This is just another way to fit the front grille without having to rework and lengthen everything..

OR

remember while back the guy who bought the front grill from the Dodge just for wall art...maybe his wife threw it out the door and this man found it...

OR

this is just the way he want the vehicle so to show off the long rams at all times...I have seen cars with this style cut in the past...but most of the times it again point back to alterations forcing one's hand

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

The big block with long rams likely necessitated that cut....the inner fenders for sure would have to go.  As I found fitting the 383 in the 41 (same sheet metal) there entailed extensive inner fender massaging.  Simple hanging of the power steering pump and alternator would not allow stock inner fenders. The nose tapers fast on these cars as those that have fitted any V8 or V6 in these bodies quickly find out.  Without a tape to pull and the appearance of extensive front frame work (can you say clip) and absence of firewall massage with the install of the big block suggest that the front fender would not meet up to the cowl.  This is just another way to fit the front grille without having to rework and lengthen everything..<<

He obviously hasn't done any body work yet,so maybe he is planning on cutting up another pair of front fenders and hoods to add "extensions" to the front fenders and hoods to keep from recessing the firewall and doing other modifications? It had never occurred to me to do this sort of thing.but when you think about it,it may even be the best way to go. He's going to have to modify the inner fenders with "bubbles" anyhow,and this way he gets extra room to work.

Just a guess,though.