Ouch!

Dan Hiebert

From a local newspaper.  I hadn't seen this 1947 D24 out and about, looks like I won't be seeing it any time soon, either.  Silver lining - could be a source for some parts in the near future.  Story yesterday: Driver departing parking lot of used car dealer in Fort Fairfield, ME lost control of the car and hit the post.  Excessive speed (strong indication it doesn't have original engine) and reckless driving cited as factors in the crash. 

post-285-0-18323400-1468933851_thumb.jpg

Power pole at fault - old lawsuit.  

A man's house was at a tee intersection, with a road stopping right in line with his house.  He got tired of drunks driving into his house, so he put a large boulder in front of the house.

A drunk drove into the boulder and suffered massive injuries.  The plaintiff's lawyer argued that if the rock had not been placed there, his client would not have been so severely injured.

If the rock were there as a force of nature, there would have been no case.

Go figure. 

was the rock in the man yard or partially on the easement that is that of the states?  if on the easement, encroachment issue, in the yard..trespass with intent to do vehicular damage to personal property and if the man flew through the windshield after hitting the boulder any responsible police officer should have cited him for leaving the scene of an accident..

but yeah..I get your drift...

I wonder if the driver is the owner? Departing a used car lot? Might have been a test drive?

Article doesn't mention, but the dealership is "Norm's Used Autos"....same as the plate on the front bumper....hmm

I hope everyone was ok.That was a hard hit.

Apparently OK, driver was "ejected from the vehicle", transported by ambulance to the next town for treatment of minor injuries, suffered scrapes and bruises.  Hot rod or not, I too cringe at seeing this happen to any nice old car.  But second silver lining is that every once in a while, someone driving like an ass gets their comeuppance.  

Edited by Dan Hiebert
  • Like 1