Anyone know what these are?

Fargone

Many moons ago at a outdoor bar facing the Sea of Cortez I saw these re purposed as the burner part of a home made hibachi affair. It was used to grill fresh caught shrimp. I can still see the glow from that clever little contraption and smell the desert ironwood coals the bartender used. Best deal ever. Bought a 5 gallon pail of huge shrimp that were still kicking right off a seiner for $25. Fed the whole bar that evening. :D .Of course it took most of the evening......as the tiny grill could only do 3 or 4 of these large prawns at a time. I never heard any complaints though.

If you don't want em....I got a use for em'.

Jeff

That lead paint on them was likely what keeps the mosquitos down! LOL. I like fire cooked food...but not by road flare thanks... :P

Any paint was long gone. Besides it has been close to 40 years and I am still kicking.

I do have a couple of miners stoves that could be pressed into service.

Jeff

The 2.5 ton truck I bought from Minnesota had 3 of them under the seat.  I don't believe they were ever used because they big wick had never saw a flame.  My Amish workers brought me some kerosene, we dumped some in and they work great.  Mine are green in color.   I see theme at auctions once in a while.

The ones I had were red, wicks had never been lit and would have been usable at the time. Since then, bottoms have rusted out and have made there way to the scrap yard.