Need help finding some bolts/screws

casper50
Go to solution Solved by casper50,

Same stud and washers used on 1941-48 DeSoto cars.

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

found some. https://www.wclco.com/lock-washers/toothed-lock-washers/  the photo for toothed lock washers on the right is an exact match but the photo when you click on that section isn't an exact match but it's real close.  at WCL #  DMTP-0375-22-01  

post-6321-0-93735600-1458071282_thumb.jpg

Edited by casper50
  • Like 2

DMP has it for sure... In either stainless or chrome

http://dmpfasteners.com/shop/hardware-fasteners-1824/washers-92/external-countersunk-ss-161/

http://dmpfasteners.com/shop/hardware-fasteners-1824/bolts-screws-76/oval-machine-chrome-1616/

I'm not sure of the size studs that you need, but I'm willing to bet they will have it too

http://dmpfasteners.com/shop/1-4-28-x-1-stud-grd-8-10512

Best thing is to call them as they are very knowledgeable (they told me about types of hardware I didn't even know existed)

PS no affiliation

• Like 1

Bingster I emailed them yesterday no answer back yet.  If you make contact please let me know.  Thanks.

This is on the next page when you click on photos above on their site.

3/8 0.384 0.398 1.365 1.385 0.062 21.73 DMTP-0375-22-01

4620-22-01

This is the closest size wise that I've found.

Edited by casper50

Do they look like these from McMaster-Carr? They had the counter sunk machine bolts on a different page.

http://images2.mcmaster.com/mvA/contents/gfx/large/90900a030p1-b01l.png?ver=1406105752

If not I missed the question/search somewhere.

Oh well! LOL.

DJ

no.  they look like the photo on the right in #6 on this thread.   My local bolt and supply is going to try and order some since I found the place that has them but only sells wholesale.  They said that I might have to buy a whole box, so if anyone needs some let me know.

Edited by casper50

WCL emailed me and told me that Fastenal either will carry these or can order.  My local Fastenal doesn't carry them but has ordered them for me.  $5.00 for 20 + shipping.   If they look like the photo they are extremely close to the originals.  Here's the number that Fastenal found them under:   DMTP-0375-22-01

Update.  No Fastenal store carries them.  It's a minimum order of 200.  $50 + shipping.  Don't mind ordering them but no way I'd use more than 12.  Anyone else need any?

Edited by casper50
  • Like 1

Hole Dia. Min.            Hole Dia. Max          . Outside Dia. Min.                 Outside Dia. Max.                     Thickness  

0.384                           0.398                            1.365                                     1.385                                     0.062

Edited by casper50

WCL emailed me and told me that Fastenal either will carry these or can order.  My local Fastenal doesn't carry them but has ordered them for me.  $5.00 for 20 + shipping.   If they look like the photo they are extremely close to the originals.  Here's the number that Fastenal found them under:   DMTP-0375-22-01

Update.  No Fastenal store carries them.  It's a minimum order of 200.  $50 + shipping.  Don't mind ordering them but no way I'd use more than 12.  Anyone else need any?

I'd call/email other vendors and give them the Fastenal number and see if they can provide them. Nothing like a little friendly competition...

• 2 weeks later...

studs are for the rear of the front fenders.  I cannot get the washers unless I order 200.  $50.  No problem doing that but I don't want to sit on a bunch of special washers that I will never use again.

I was in my local Fastenal today and the gal there took every bolt and washer that I came in with and walked around and found every one. Those that she didn't have she ordered.  All the bolts were in packages of five or ten or whatever you wanted.  She also ordered me those domed washers pictured above, both the non-periphery and the toothed periphery.  I told her I got a source from this site and I sent her in the info.

She matched all the bolts from my '47 Desoto exactly.  I didn't even know I had a Fastenal near me.