Lets Go For A Winters Drive

55 Fargo

Oh I noticed that they were dry and salt free  for sure.

We had a warm Dec with no snow to speak of, so I was able to add up the miles on the Plymouth all month, so now that it is Jan and the roads are white with salt, I can't complain, besides no one will listen  LOL This image was taken just before  Christmas

Enjoy your truck, I think it is great

post-668-0-93740400-1452028680_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1940plymouth
  • Like 2

Thanks for the ride, Fred, and posting the video. My cars are done until spring. We have had some snow and the cooler weather is hanging on. They have used so much chemicals on the road that everything is slushy and my driveway is white after driving the modern vehicles.

Thanks for the ride, Fred, and posting the video. My cars are done until spring. We have had some snow and the cooler weather is hanging on. They have used so much chemicals on the road that everything is slushy and my driveway is white after driving the modern vehicles.

Glad you enjoyed it Rob, you know you need 1 car like Bamford that you could enjoy year round, as they were meant to be driven, but anything nice is not going to be nice long from salt. Snow and rain will not hurt them, its the chemicals as you say...

Time for a chilling ride!

Time for a chilling ride!

Thought about it Bob, and have no doubt about the truck, but if she broke down or froze up a gas line, it would not be fun.

It would not be fun even if only 1/4 mile away.

While it is dry, this kinda cold is just a whole lot more severe then anything around the freezing point. Just ask folks from Minn, ND or Alaska, you can throw in Montana too for fun.....

Northern Maine has usually hit -40s by now, but the worst we've gotten this year is -6 overnight last week.  Only a foot or so of snow on the ground, too.  Started and ran the ol' D24 for a while yesterday, but I'm not about to drive it around, they salt the roads with some ungodly concoction of sand, dirt, grit, and salt around here.  I'd actually prefer Mother Nature kick us in the nads this year so I can get a first "hard winter" under my belt and get it over with.  I rather like winter, and it's been rather pleasant here so far.  Kudos to those who get out and about this time of year, so I can drive vicariously through them until I can get out around here again.

Northern Maine has usually hit -40s by now, but the worst we've gotten this year is -6 overnight last week.  Only a foot or so of snow on the ground, too.  Started and ran the ol' D24 for a while yesterday, but I'm not about to drive it around, they salt the roads with some ungodly concoction of sand, dirt, grit, and salt around here.  I'd actually prefer Mother Nature kick us in the nads this year so I can get a first "hard winter" under my belt and get it over with.  I rather like winter, and it's been rather pleasant here so far.  Kudos to those who get out and about this time of year, so I can drive vicariously through them until I can get out around here again.

Winter is still young my friend. i do believe Maine gets as cold as we do.

Winter is still young my friend. i do believe Maine gets as cold as we do.

Oh, I have no delusions (well, not about the weather, anyway).  I give the natives a good natured hard time about the "much vaunted northern Maine winters" knowing full well that Mother Nature is taking it easy on us so far this winter.  Heck, its over 40 degrees out right now, but it'll be back to freezing by noon, single digits by tonight, winter storm tomorrow, and a foot of new snow Wednesday.  Back to normal...

That's beautiful!  What some folks don't get is that you, or others, are not there "because" you love cold weather, but because there are also other redeeming values for you in that particular locale.   Formerly from Michigan, I am now a So Cal guy but it's not "because" I like 100 degrees and traffic, but because for me, there are other redeeming values of where I have chosen to live.

Interestingly, those who live in North or the desert or the steamy South don't die!  They just make the most of what they have or move.  It's called balance.

Edited by mrwrstory