Car Show Award

Oldguy48

Went to a local car show today at the Bloomsburg, PA fairgrounds. My P15 won a 3rd place trophy in the Street Rod category. A very nice trophy (it's first), and a nice car show. Got many compliments on the car. The show was sponsored by the "Dream Machines" car club, whose proceeds are distributed to local charities. A good turnout of probably 200 vehicles.

post-527-0-10501100-1370823752_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Hope you had a ball and what a nice trophy! :)  

Bob

Because the car has been modified with a V8 engine, and automatic transmission, the PA Department of Transportation considers it to be a street rod, and it is licensed as such, although from nearly all outward appearances, it looks stock.

Wayne

No, I didn't take any pics at the show.  I would have if there were any other old Mopars there, but alas there were not.  There was a car there that I should have taken a picture of, though.  It was called a "Jewett", and was in original condition.  A little rough, but still running.  And a 1901 "Empire" motorcycle that had been completely restored.  Here's a recent pic of the Plymouth.

Wayne

post-527-0-82757600-1370892387_thumb.jpg

Edited by Oldguy48
  • Like 1

Pennsylvania is very different in their DMV..they can be quite a pain to deal with..I know this for certain..I feel for some of the folks that live there while enjoying this hobby...they were the exact reason I got one car because the owner just surrendered to the bureaucrats and gave up...

Jowitt  was a British car maker. They made a Javelin and a Jupiter.  Used an Opposed cylinder 4 cyl, like a VW or Subaru, liquid cooled.  In the late 40's they produced about 69 hp from the factory and were easily tuneable.  Also featured a torsion bar suspension and adjustable anti roll bar.  Popular for club racing.

Jewitt made cars in Detroit for a couple years in the 20's.

Edited by greg g