Site Offline 10/30/24 starting 9:30 AM PST ×

Hub Cap Decal And Others.............

I'm starting a new thread, so as to not clutter up Fernando's.

Quick question(s):

Is there chrome between each of the little circles?

Does someone have a straight-on, close-up picture of an original?

The gal doing the work said the decal will be in three pieces, DODGE for the center and two half moon pieces.

Also, would anyone like to have a smaller 3" diameter decal made? Stick 'em on the window or.......?

I'm also working on the artwork for a decal that will have a B1 or 2 and a B3 or 4 featured.

Comments?

Suggestions?

I dont have any hub caps so i cant help you out with a close up picture. But i will say that i would be interested in the 3" decal that you are having made and also the other one with the B3 or B4 featured.

-Chris

These should be helpful. I have two sets. Others may paint them otherwise. I am pleased that you are pursuing this, I want some 3" decals.

post-34-0-56971200-1363107669_thumb.jpg

post-34-0-36835900-1363107709_thumb.jpg

post-34-0-52931800-1363107748_thumb.jpg

Edited by pflaming

Thanks Paul. Mine look just like your's with the red paint.

She's going to try and make them look like they have raised rings. I watched her yesterday and she got very, very close in just a few minutes.

The other decal will feature these two trucks.

post-2585-0-00826500-1363108164_thumb.jpg

post-2585-0-66952900-1363108181_thumb.jpg

Kev, there are two sizes of horn buttons on our trucks. If you made the decal to fit the smaller horn button, that would be a cool place to put one.  The fuel tank cap is another, JMHO

Kev, there are two sizes of horn buttons on our trucks. If you made the decal to fit the smaller horn button, that would be a cool place to put one.  The fuel tank cap is another, JMHO

The company I use specialize in full vehicle wraps. Want a Huskers truck??? LOL

Very cool.  Look forward to seeing how they turn out.  I'd like a set if they look good.  Taping and painting the letters on mine were a real pain.  I would like to do them over in the proper red.

How about doing the front Job Rated plate?  That would be nice too.

Painted mine with Testors 1103 red and a toothpick... :D  Looks just about the same as a set of n.o.s. caps a friend has on the wall in his garage to keep his 49 Wayfarer company. One Shot also carries the "correct" shade of red. Apply to the stampings and then run a razor blade over the edges to remove any stray paint.

Decals would have been a lot easier...

This is the best I could find in my files Kev.

1948 Panel.

The groves are red and the "embosed" ridges are stainless.

48D

post-340-0-67559100-1363218328_thumb.jpg

Keven,

Send me four !  I'll be the guinea pig and test dummy.  I'll put them on baby moons, and shoot some professional marketing photos for you in exchange. :wub:

Thanks in advance.... 

Hank  :)

You'll be the first to know when they're done.

I'm also making some other decals. But, they're a secret.  ;)  

You'll be the first to know when they're done.

I'm also making some other decals. But, they're a secret.  ;)  

Can i be a test dummy for some decals that say "PLYMOUTH" for my baby moons on my 50 4 dr.??

Doug

Are either of these correct Doug?

Really don't what is correct for my as i've never had any! Bought this car with no wheels at all, borrowed some to get it home. Found a good price on four chrome wheels with baby moons. Seller also had some very good condition witha good price so that's what i got!

The 2nd. pic you posted- i like the style of the script! How about putting that in the middle of the design you posted for the truck cap decal with the colored rings, VERY stylish!! Just my thoughts, other ideas?? My car is about 85% stock? motor, OD trans, no body mods, etc, but 12v. with great stereo!. Nonstock caps that looked good except for the period perfect people or great with me!

Thanks for taking the time to consider the idea. Guess i don't what to ask for something one off that nobody else would be interested in as your time to design, manufacture needs to worth something.

Thanks again,

Doug

post-3654-0-04517600-1363302366_thumb.jpgThat would work very well!!!

How do the decal lay out over the curve the cap?  A little heat to make them flexable??

Covered my dash panel with some Ebay plastic(?) decal that looked like woodgrain and heat really helped to round over corners per their instructions.

I hate to pee in everyone's cheerios, but I'm not sure a decal would hold up well here. The surface is curved, plus the sticker will tend to peel around all the raised edges of the letters. Tried this with my Chevy's hub caps with decals purchased from a reputable repro parts mfr, and I wasn't pleased. I took the stickers off right away and went with paint.

I recommend 1-shot red paint for this application if you're going that route. it's easy - no masking necessary - just let the paint flow into the negative spaces. Then the edges can be cleaned up with a shop towel with a little adhesive cleaner.

Edited by John-T-53

A little heat might work. I worry about the size of the decal and it laying flat. Just a narrow 'PLYMOUTH' decal might work better.

John, these decals will be printed on 3M vinyl used for the exteriors of vehicles. Maybe a coat of clear would help? I'll ask 

the shop doing the printing.

A little heat might work. I worry about the size of the decal and it laying flat. Just a narrow 'PLYMOUTH' decal might work better.

John, these decals will be printed on 3M vinyl used for the exteriors of vehicles. Maybe a coat of clear would help? I'll ask 

the shop doing the printing.

On my dash vinyl covers they, ( the seller) actually recommended coating it with clear top coats. I put four coats on following the paint instructions- one year so far with no changes.

as for the plymouth decals, i'd try the middle colored red as per first post with plymouth instead of dodge if anyone else will. Not problem with heating them as long as you work slowly, gradually.

Best to ya,

Doug