Time for paint........YIPPEE!

I like it.  Looking forward to progress pics. Kudos to your painter.  It's a tough color to spray.  Mask areas you don't want the undercoating to get on.  That stuff can overspray too and it will really show on that light color.

Thanks Guys. I am looking forward to putting it all back together. It shouldn't be too long until I will be able to move it around under it's own power for the first time since I got it. That will be a day of great celebration.

It is shaping up to be a bit more "refined" looking than I had originally envisioned when I started. What can I say? It is going to be my daily driver so I suppose my efforts to produce something fairly easy to maintain have caused this result. I am pretty certain that a few years of daily use will tone it down some.

Jeff

Some very subtle very thin pin striping, not much, would really be cool. I would accent body lines, just the important ones, to make the truck look wider, lower and longer. 

Sorry Jeff,

But in my opinion you failed in your mission to make your truck look like a ratty old work truck. The more I look at it and compare it to mine, it sure looks like a FAPJ to me. Make sure your paint shop saves a quart of paint.  I also notice that your truck originally either had a Motorola 610-T radio installed (was there an antenna hole in your left fender) or came off the assembly line with the radio delete plate which you may or may not have.

contacts-1_zps2569e25f.jpg

This is a great time and I'm real excited for you.  You've done a fabulous job and like you I can't wait to see it all together and running.  Although I saved and had all my original bolts cad plated, with the exception of the distinctively marked bolts (or where DCPD markings were visible) I opted to use stainless steel.  There were some places I felt it made sense (where the interface of a bolt and and paint was visible) to use a nylon washer. Take it real slow on the assembly.  A clue as to the correct positioning of the cab is that when the foot starter is depressed and meets the starter lever just right you've got it.

Hank :)   

Edited by HanksB3B

Could have been worse Hank.  It could have been painted green! :P

Whenever I get around to it, mine will be green.

Edited by Dave72dt

:)  I know Hank;

You are right..........I just got carried away with the whole thing didn't I?  What can I say?  I just wanted something clean and bright and easy to work on. One thing lead to another....and to another...... and here I am with a FABCPJ. I am very happy with it......it's is nice and thick and should last a long time. They gave me a quart for touch ups etc along with the code so I should be set there.

I know it is not a proper factory color.......but it or something similar really should have been offered for our climate. I guaranty you it will be several degrees cooler than dark green on a hot August day. I have a couple of vintage desert sleds so camping trips to the Mojave will be on the future road trip agenda.

It did have the factory punch out for a radio but as far as I can tell never had one installed. I have a few ideas for that section of the dash and just need to decide what is going to look best.

I got two coats of brush on bedliner as undercoat on it today. I am also using this as the first parts of sound insulation on sections of the interior of the cab. I want to get two more coats on this weekend and let it cure for a few days before putting it in place. The bed is already completely assembled and ready to set on once the cab is secured. I am sure I am still months away from a final product. There is still lot's to do and some of it is going to take a fair amount of time......but it is starting to feel pretty good.

Jeff

:)  I know Hank;

You are right..........I just got carried away with the whole thing didn't I?  What can I say?  I just wanted something clean and bright and easy to work on. One thing lead to another....and to another...... and here I am with a FABCPJ. I am very happy with it......it's is nice and thick and should last a long time. They gave me a quart for touch ups etc along with the code so I should be set there.

I know it is not a proper factory color.......but it or something similar really should have been offered for our climate. I guaranty you it will be several degrees cooler than dark green on a hot August day. I have a couple of vintage desert sleds so camping trips to the Mojave will be on the future road trip agenda.

It did have the factory punch out for a radio but as far as I can tell never had one installed. I have a few ideas for that section of the dash and just need to decide what is going to look best.

I got two coats of brush on bedliner as undercoat on it today. I am also using this as the first parts of sound insulation on sections of the interior of the cab. I want to get two more coats on this weekend and let it cure for a few days before putting it in place. The bed is already completely assembled and ready to set on once the cab is secured. I am sure I am still months away from a final product. There is still lot's to do and some of it is going to take a fair amount of time......but it is starting to feel pretty good.

Jeff

All I can say is awsome Jeff!!! I absoultely love that color.Keep the pics comming during assembly.

Bojo