Back to the 50's St Paul, MN

PM me some details. We're planning to attend the free drive in movie thursday night so I doubt we'll be up super early and over there.

I'll send my son by. He's planning oin going. My new job left me with weekend shifts so I can't make it, much as I would like to. There's another builder from the area that usually goes that you might see. Drives a flat black Packard, no top, walks with a limp.

PM me some details. We're planning to attend the free drive in movie thursday night so I doubt we'll be up super early and over there.

Ed did stop by and pick up the extra rim that I had. There was quite a Mopar reunion in front of my Sons house.

post-270-13585361921395_thumb.jpg

post-270-13585361921779_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dennis_MN
Added Convertible

just got back from the show, started out about 9:30 till 2:30 when it started to pour. Watched Ed drive (never found him tho) and stopped and talked to Mike.

Below are some Dodges I found there. I missed a few for pictures but here is what I got:

2011-06-18103242.jpg

2011-06-18113044.jpg

2011-06-18102232.jpg

2011-06-18095943.jpg

2011-06-18095603.jpg

2011-06-18101359.jpg

• Like 1

Yes we're home again now too. Got wet. Had fun. Not much for pictures yet due to rain. We'l be back at it again after supper if the weather clears and swap-meetin tomorrow.

Neither do I but that doesn't stop me from going. Only thing I'm really actively searching for is the firefighting backpack that goes on my running board.

Had a much better time today. Hit the swap meet and then rode around some in the back of Dads 51 vert. Walked a bit too. Here's a few of the pics.

First my personal truck at the MSRA sponsered drive in movie.

DSC01994.jpg

Another WC

DSC02000.jpg

I love the styling of these D series international trucks

DSC01999.jpg

Very cool homemade bed on this one. Guessing it was on a dakota chassis as it had a dakota instrument cluster in it.

DSC02019.jpg

A stude with a dodge connection. Studebaker was running out of $ towards the end so in order to have a fleetside truck they bought beds from dodge. You can tell its not quite designed for their trucks as it sticks out a little bit from the cab.

DSC02033.jpg

My car with another D series IHC

DSC02051.jpg

And lastly my swapmeet finds.

DSC02053.jpg

Hank you should try to come sometime even if you don't bring an old car. Its now the largest car show in the country! I haven't heard the official tally for 2011 but the past few years have been approaching 12K cars all 64 and older.

The black B1 with L'il Red bed boards looks good. I've been considering that particular mod for years.

I'd love to make that gathering some time. Goodguys had gotten so ridiculous I stopped going years ago.

Those W series you guys showed just reinforce that I want both 39 and 59 1/2 tons to go with my 49 and 69.

FYI the W series is 41-47. The 39s are T series and 40s V. Here's a 39 from a previous back to the 50s.

Edit: this truck has the wrong headlights and hood ornament but you get the basic idea of styling.

39dodge-pu-rod.jpg

Close enough for me. But finding a 39 in any condition is proving difficult. The 2 I've found here haven't been run since the early 50s, they got worn out during WW2. Too far gone to even think about building one from the two.

My wife keeps telling me I can't have a 59. If my 69 Sweptline had been a first series 65 I wouldn't have it either, she hates 4 headlight trucks. I'd settle for a 57.

One headache at a time, I already have too many 4 wheeled projects.