Anyone here ?

Boy, what a steal! Another great ebay buy!

611-T_Win.png

I wanted it but when it moved to $682 it was really too rich for my blood (but considering it's an antique my wife still thinks it was worth it)

Knowing how much Reg has wanted one (much longer than I) I was hoping Reg won and in fact left a message on Reg's answering machine congratulating him and asking if he was interested in a reverse mortgage.

By all means do I feel any radio is worth more than $300, but in this case (knowing the mythical rarity I hate to admit it was worth it) The only thing that makes me feel o.k. about not winning it is: How much would it cost to repair it if it didn't work and how much would replacement tubes be (that is if they are still available).

Well I guess it's time to paint my radio delete plate that I won for $20 on eBay some months ago. Realizing that $700 should leave me plenty of room to buy a 6 to 12v converter and load an ipod with music from Reg's era back in the day.

Hank :)

Edited by HanksB3B

Well Hank....I haven't been home for a couple of days. The wife and I are down here in Half Moon Bay with the MoHo enjoying the rain:mad: for Easter.

Actually my auction sniper did the bidding for me :o......lotta good that did.

Sorry I missed your condolence call .

Sorry for the suspense but I wanted to get the radio into a safe vault before responding. It arrived today. It was just dang luck that I came on it while surfing in 1956's for a rear bumper. I have been searching for a 610-T since I joined in 2006, and was not even aware there was a 611-T. Zeke had a good lookout, and I'm sure it would have been a slugfest if Reg had not been out of town. I did not intend to bid that high, but when I saw it still with one day left, I couldn't sleep until I had raised my high a couple of times. It also cost me some Honey-do's if you know what I mean. The last two hours were sweaty for sure, and bids trippled over the course of the last few hours.

Good news for you guys, if nothing else, we now know there is a later identical model that in all ways fits B3/B4 Pilothouse trucks. This one came out of a 1956 V-8 that is being parted in Montona. I didn't realize they were still making 6V at that time, but I'll soon find out if it is in fact a 6V. There are still others out there in boxes, in barns, on shelves, so keep the faith. Other than the rear of the radio cone, I cannot find a difference between the 610-T and 611-T from my Sams Datafact Sheet. I guess Zeke still holds the standing for the only OEM model for the B3 Series, but I am happy to have this cousin to eventually go into my B3B resto. Now to find a good radio restorer.

Congrats, Jim! The other good news (for me) is that you are a lot closer to Reg than I am. Also, before you even turn it on, you might want to have it checked out by an expert. I remember reading something about this at the time I was getting mine ready to re-install. I'm sure there are members here who can advise you. Good luck! Zeke

Hey,congratulations Jim ! I'm glad someone here got it. Like you said.....we can add a 611-T to the list now too.

Hank, my wife did buy me lobster and a couple of Long Island Tea's to wash it down with at a place just up the beach from where we parked the prairie schooner.

And then....... the next morning she built me a Bloody Mary to clear the cob webs away from the previous nights dining experience.

I didn't even care that I was outbid on the radio.:D

PICT0065.jpg

Sorry for the suspense but I wanted to get the radio into a safe vault before responding.....

Good call Jim....who knows how many of us would have been staking out your mailbox...lol:D

48D

Edited by 48dodger

Not much grass in that campground, Reg. Looks like someone put a bath house in a Wal-Mart parking lot.

Merle

Yeah,we were really roughing it that weekend Merle. The toughest part of setting up camp on the asphalt was having to drive up onto a piece of 2 x 6 wood to level out the MoHo on the drivers front wheel. Oh yeah....then I had to plug into 110 and hook up the crapper line.

Tim...you Devil ! How'd ya know.

Trouble was..... almost all of the ladies were my age or older.