cool tool boxes

Stew as I also have a 46 WC I expect to see some plans for this so I can steal all your good ideas! Not sure I'd want to cover up my awesome white oak floor though.

I'm the same way Ed. I love my oak floor and don't want to cover it up or scratch it up. I also do not want to premently bolt down a tool box but what do you do on overnighters? It's going to wiegh a ton when full. Probably some type of furniture coaster. I really need the space as you all know our cabs are very small and getting under the seat is not easy. Also I'm after the cool factor. Comming along nicely, will post pics when complete. And Ed you can use any ideas you want, we are all in this together.

Mine's pretty crude and not on an old Dodge.

Up on the rails to utilize the whole bed;

bed4.jpg

In the bed;

paint4.jpg

I studied many old pictures to come up with a style that would fit my style build. I use the truck as my construction truck so it needs to be big, srtong and versatile.

Not fancy by any stretch of the imagination.

BTW...Sorry for the OT truck.:o

BloodyKnuckles

I have also been thinking about a cover like that for mine but don't know if i want to drill the snap holes down my otherwise good bedside. I guess it's a give and take. I really like your cover and the truck is awesome.

I'm not sure I would have done it either but the truck came with all the snaps already attached and the cover in a box so I put it back on. It does come in handy.

Tool Boxes...

I have one of these Contico plactic truck boxes in the back of my truck. It's not attached, it just sits on a piece of rubber mat (same as used on my cab floor). It's not pretty but it's functional.

534226-pro_tuff_bin_with_lock.jpg

I used to see a 48ish Ford flat bed running around here that had a wood Jack Daniels whisky case up behind the cab. It looked pretty cool.

On the tonneau...

I've been thinking about getting a TruXedo roll up tonneau for my truck. I have an Access roll up tonneau on my daily pickup and I love it. TruXedo will do custom ones per your measurements. I believe I can mount one along the top inside edge, just below the top angles. The side rail would be bolted in at the stake pockets and maybe one or two other bolts along the side in the middle. Even putting holes through the side panels, if I decide later that it has to come off these holes wouldn't be too difficult to plug weld shut and you'd never know they were there.

I've been looking it over and I think it could be done but I haven't made room for it in the budget yet. Maybe this summer?

Merle